Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP833Y] to EEF2/Elongation factor 2 (phospho T56 + T58)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-EEF2/Elongation factor 2 (phospho T56 + T58) antibody [EP833Y]
See all EEF2/Elongation factor 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP833Y] to EEF2/Elongation factor 2 (phospho T56 + T58)
The antibody only detects eEF2/Elongation factor 2 phosphorylated on Tyreonine 56/58.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
corresponding to Human EEF2/Elongation factor 2.
- 293 cell lysate
This product was previously labelled as EEF2
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82981 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 95 kDa.|
FunctionCatalyzes the GTP-dependent ribosomal translocation step during translation elongation. During this step, the ribosome changes from the pre-translocational (PRE) to the post-translocational (POST) state as the newly formed A-site-bound peptidyl-tRNA and P-site-bound deacylated tRNA move to the P and E sites, respectively. Catalyzes the coordinated movement of the two tRNA molecules, the mRNA and conformational changes in the ribosome.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GTP-binding elongation factor family. EF-G/EF-2 subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation by EF-2 kinase completely inactivates EF-2.
Diphthamide is 2-[3-carboxyamido-3-(trimethyl-ammonio)propyl]histidine. Diphthamide can be ADP-ribosylated by diphtheria toxin and by Pseudomonas exotoxin A, thus arresting protein synthesis.
- Information by UniProt
- EEF 2 antibody
- Eef2 antibody
- EF-2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-EEF2/Elongation factor 2 (phospho T56 + T58) antibody [EP833Y] (ab82981) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Untreated 293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Serum starved 293 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 95 kDa
Observed band size: 95 kDa
ab82981 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang Z et al. Quantitative phosphoproteomic analysis of the molecular substrates of sleep need. Nature 558:435-439 (2018). PubMed: 29899451
- Tavares CD et al. The molecular mechanism of eukaryotic elongation factor 2 kinase activation. J Biol Chem 289:23901-16 (2014). Human . PubMed: 25012662
- Hamdi MM & Mutungi G Dihydrotestosterone stimulates amino acid uptake and the expression of LAT2 in mouse skeletal muscle fibres through an ERK1/2-dependent mechanism. J Physiol 589:3623-40 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21606113
- Nogueira da Costa A et al. An analysis of the phosphoproteome of immune cell lines exposed to the immunomodulatory mycotoxin deoxynivalenol. Biochim Biophys Acta 1814:850-7 (2011). PubMed: 21513824