Product nameAnti-EEF2/Elongation factor 2 (phospho T56) antibody
See all EEF2/Elongation factor 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EEF2/Elongation factor 2 (phospho T56)
ab53114 detects endogenous levels of EEF2/Elongation factor 2 only when phosphorylated at threonine 56.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, ELISA, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human EEF2/Elongation factor 2.
- Human breast carcinoma tissue and extracts from NIH 3T3 cells treated with serum.
This product was previously labelled as EEF2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab53114 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53114 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 24130777|
|WB||1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 95 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 95 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCatalyzes the GTP-dependent ribosomal translocation step during translation elongation. During this step, the ribosome changes from the pre-translocational (PRE) to the post-translocational (POST) state as the newly formed A-site-bound peptidyl-tRNA and P-site-bound deacylated tRNA move to the P and E sites, respectively. Catalyzes the coordinated movement of the two tRNA molecules, the mRNA and conformational changes in the ribosome.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GTP-binding elongation factor family. EF-G/EF-2 subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylation by EF-2 kinase completely inactivates EF-2.
Diphthamide is 2-[3-carboxyamido-3-(trimethyl-ammonio)propyl]histidine. Diphthamide can be ADP-ribosylated by diphtheria toxin and by Pseudomonas exotoxin A, thus arresting protein synthesis.
- Information by UniProt
- EEF 2 antibody
- Eef2 antibody
- EF-2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-EEF2/Elongation factor 2 (phospho T56) antibody (ab53114) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : Extract from NIH 3T3 cells
treated with serum (10%, 30mins) with Immunising peptide
Lane 2 : Extract from NIH 3T3 cells
treated with serum (10%, 30mins)
Predicted band size: 95 kDa
Observed band size: 95 kDa
ab53114 at 1/50 dilution staining EEF2/Elongation factor 2 in human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence and presence of the immunising peptide.
ab53114 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ma YF et al. Phosphorylation of AKT serine/threonine kinase and abundance of milk protein synthesis gene networks in mammary tissue in response to supply of methionine in periparturient Holstein cows. J Dairy Sci 102:4264-4274 (2019). PubMed: 30879806
- Delaidelli A et al. MYCN amplified neuroblastoma requires the mRNA translation regulator eEF2 kinase to adapt to nutrient deprivation. Cell Death Differ 24:1564-1576 (2017). PubMed: 28574509
- Grandjean M et al. Hypoxia Integration in the Serological Proteome Analysis Unmasks Tumor Antigens and Fosters the Identification of Anti-Phospho-eEF2 Antibodies as Potential Cancer Biomarkers. PLoS One 8:e76508 (2013). WB, ICC/IF ; Mouse, Human . PubMed: 24130777
- Collodoro M et al. Identification and quantification of concentration-dependent biomarkers in MCF-7/BOS cells exposed to 17ß-estradiol by 2-D DIGE and label-free proteomics. J Proteomics 75:4555-69 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22580036