Product nameAnti-Eg5 antibody
See all Eg5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Eg5
Specificityab61199 detects endogenous levels of total Eg5 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human Eg5 around the phosphorylation site of threonine 927.
- Human lung carcinoma tissue, COLO205 cell extracts and HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab61199 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61199 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 120 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 120 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||1/500 - 1/1000.|
FunctionMotor protein required for establishing a bipolar spindle. Blocking of KIF11 prevents centrosome migration and arrest cells in mitosis with monoastral microtubule arrays.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in KIF11 are the cause of microcephaly with or without chorioretinopathy, lymphedema, or mental retardation (MCLMR) [MIM:152950]. An autosomal dominant disorder that involves an overlapping but variable spectrum of central nervous system and ocular developmental anomalies. Microcephaly ranges from mild to severe and is often associated with mild to moderate developmental delay and a characteristic facial phenotype with upslanting palpebral fissures, broad nose with rounded tip, long philtrum with thin upper lip, prominent chin, and prominent ears. Chorioretinopathy is the most common eye abnormality, but retinal folds, microphthalmia, and myopic and hypermetropic astigmatism have also been reported, and some individuals have no overt ocular phenotype. Congenital lymphedema, when present, is typically confined to the dorsa of the feet, and lymphoscintigraphy reveals the absence of radioactive isotope uptake from the webspaces between the toes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the kinesin-like protein family. BimC subfamily.
Contains 1 kinesin-motor domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated exclusively on serine during S phase, but on both serine and Thr-926 during mitosis, so controlling the association of KIF11 with the spindle apparatus (probably during early prophase). Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
A subset of this protein primarily localized at the spindle pole is phosphorylated by NEK6 during mitosis; phosphorylation is required for mitotic function.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle pole.
- Information by UniProt
- EG5 antibody
- HKSP antibody
- KIF11 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Eg5 antibody (ab61199) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : COLO205 cell extracts
Lane 2 : COLO205 cell extracts with immunising peptide
Predicted band size: 120 kDa
Observed band size: 120 kDa
ab61199 at 1/50 dilution staining Eg5 in human lung carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin-embedded tissue, in the absence (left) or presence (right) of the immunising peptide.
ab61199 at 1/500 dilution staining Eg5 in HeLa cells, by Immunofluorescence, in the absence (left) or presence (right) of the immunising peptide.
ab61199 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Jin Q et al. High kinesin family member 11 expression predicts poor prognosis in patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma. J Clin Pathol 72:354-362 (2019). PubMed: 30819726
- Liu Y et al. Fbxo30 Regulates Mammopoiesis by Targeting the Bipolar Mitotic Kinesin Eg5. Cell Rep 15:1111-22 (2016). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 27117404
- Marthandan S et al. Conserved Senescence Associated Genes and Pathways in Primary Human Fibroblasts Detected by RNA-Seq. PLoS One 11:e0154531 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27140416
- Marthandan S et al. Similarities in Gene Expression Profiles during In Vitro Aging of Primary Human Embryonic Lung and Foreskin Fibroblasts. Biomed Res Int 2015:731938 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26339636
- Lin S et al. Inhibition of Kinesin-5, a microtubule-based motor protein, as a strategy for enhancing regeneration of adult axons. Traffic 12:269-86 (2011). PubMed: 21166743
- Sahab ZJ et al. Tumor suppressor RARRES1 interacts with cytoplasmic carboxypeptidase AGBL2 to regulate the a-tubulin tyrosination cycle. Cancer Res 71:1219-28 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21303978