Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EGF
- Suitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISA
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EGF antibody
See all EGF primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EGF
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant Rat EGF.
Although some customers have been successful in IHC we no longer batch test in this application.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
FormLyophilized:Centrifuge vial prior to opening. Reconstitute in sterile water to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab77851 was purified by affinity chromatography employing immobilized Rat EGF matrix.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab77851 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 6.2 kDa. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant Rat EGF is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.|
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml.|
FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6. Can induce neurite outgrowth in motoneurons of the pond snail Lymnaea stagnalis in vitro (PubMed:10964941).
Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
Involvement in diseaseHypomagnesemia 4
Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
modificationsO-glycosylated with core 1-like and core 2-like glycans. It is uncertain if Ser-954 or Thr-955 is O-glycosylated. The modification here shows glycan heterogeneity: HexHexNAc (major) and Hex2HexNAc2 (minor).
- Information by UniProt
- Beta urogastrone antibody
- beta-urogastrone antibody
- EGF antibody
ab77851 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Albishtue AA et al. Effects of EBN on embryo implantation, plasma concentrations of reproductive hormones, and uterine expressions of genes of PCNA, steroids, growth factors and their receptors in rats. Theriogenology 126:310-319 (2018). PubMed: 30605790
- Périco LL et al. Sex-specific effects of Eugenia punicifolia extract on gastric ulcer healing in rats. World J Gastroenterol 24:4369-4383 (2018). PubMed: 30344421
- Li JJ et al. Antiplatelet drug ticagrelor delays gastric ulcer healing in rats. Exp Ther Med 14:3774-3779 (2017). PubMed: 29042978
- Li H et al. Different expression patterns of growth factors in rat fetuses with spina bifida aperta after in utero mesenchymal stromal cell transplantation. Cytotherapy 16:319-30 (2014). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 24364908
- Williams CM et al. Autocrine-controlled formation and function of tissue-like aggregates by primary hepatocytes in micropatterned hydrogel arrays. Tissue Eng Part A 17:1055-68 (2011). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 21121876