Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EGF
- Suitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EGF antibody
See all EGF primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EGF
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Highly pure (>98%) recombinant hEGF (human Epidermal Growth Factor)
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant human EGF protein (Animal Free)
- WB: Recombinant human EGF protein (Animal Free) (ab9697).
Although some customers have been successful in IHC we no longer batch test in this application. For IHC validate antibody please see ab184265.
FormLyophilized:Reconstitute with 200µl of sterile water.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
No preservative, sterile filtered
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Light chain typeunknown
sELISA pair antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9695 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. To detect hEGF by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 µg/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hEGF is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions. Western blot bands should be around 6.2 kDa.|
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Can be paired for Sandwich ELISA with Rabbit polyclonal to EGF (Biotin) (ab84263).
For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5µg/ml with ab18635 as Capture.
FunctionEGF stimulates the growth of various epidermal and epithelial tissues in vivo and in vitro and of some fibroblasts in cell culture. Magnesiotropic hormone that stimulates magnesium reabsorption in the renal distal convoluted tubule via engagement of EGFR and activation of the magnesium channel TRPM6. Can induce neurite outgrowth in motoneurons of the pond snail Lymnaea stagnalis in vitro (PubMed:10964941).
Tissue specificityExpressed in kidney, salivary gland, cerebrum and prostate.
Involvement in diseaseHypomagnesemia 4
Sequence similaritiesContains 9 EGF-like domains.
Contains 9 LDL-receptor class B repeats.
modificationsO-glycosylated with core 1-like and core 2-like glycans. It is uncertain if Ser-954 or Thr-955 is O-glycosylated. The modification here shows glycan heterogeneity: HexHexNAc (major) and Hex2HexNAc2 (minor).
- Information by UniProt
- Beta urogastrone antibody
- beta-urogastrone antibody
- EGF antibody
Primary ab9695 was used at a dilution of 0.2 ug/ml.
Lane 1: 250 ng Recombinant human EGF protein
Lane 2: 125 ng Recombinant human EGF protein
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab9695 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Gao Q et al. Heterotypic CAF-tumor spheroids promote early peritoneal metastatis of ovarian cancer. J Exp Med 216:688-703 (2019). PubMed: 30710055
- Ma S et al. ErbB3 Ligand Heregulin1 Is a Major Mitogenic Factor for Uncontrolled Lung Cancer Cell Proliferation. Neoplasia 21:343-352 (2019). PubMed: 30831376
- Wang L et al. Mesenchymal Stem Cells Coated by the Extracellular Matrix Promote Wound Healing in Diabetic Rats. Stem Cells Int 2019:9564869 (2019). PubMed: 30833970
- Zhu LF et al. HCCR-1 is a Novel Prognostic Indicator for Gastric Cancer and Promotes Cell Proliferation. J Cancer 10:3533-3542 (2019). PubMed: 31293658
- Haque ASMR et al. CD206+ tumor-associated macrophages promote proliferation and invasion in oral squamous cell carcinoma via EGF production. Sci Rep 9:14611 (2019). PubMed: 31601953