Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [EGFR1] to EGFR (Biotin)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Human
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-EGFR antibody [EGFR1] (Biotin)
See all EGFR primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [EGFR1] to EGFR (Biotin)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human epidermoid carcinoma cells A431.
EpitopeRecognizes the extracellular domain of the epidermal growth factor receptor on many cell surfaces.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24293 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab18418 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
Involvement in diseaseLung cancer
Inflammatory skin and bowel disease, neonatal, 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3. Dephosphorylated by PTPN1 and PTPN2.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occurs. Deubiquitination by OTUD7B prevents degradation. Ubiquitinated by RNF115 and RNF126.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. Nucleus. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand. Colocalized with GPER1 in the nucleus of estrogen agonist-induced cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAF).
- Information by UniProt
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
ab24293, at a 1/45 dilution, staining EGFR in human glioblastoma U87MGwtEGFR cells by Flow Cytometry analysis. The image shows cells with (blue) and without (red) EGFR1-biotin primary antibody. In lieu of a secondary antibody, a streptavidin-R-phycoerythrin conjugate was used as a secondary reagent at a 1/83 dilution.
ab24293 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Fan X et al. MicroRNA-7 Exerts Antiangiogenic Effect on Colorectal Cancer via ERK Signaling. J Surg Res 240:48-59 (2019). PubMed: 30909065
- Park J et al. Analyses of Intravesicular Exosomal Proteins Using a Nano-Plasmonic System. ACS Photonics 5:487-494 (2018). PubMed: 29805987
- Burel-Vandenbos F et al. Cells with intense EGFR staining and a high nuclear to cytoplasmic ratio are specific for infiltrative glioma: a useful marker in neuropathological practice. Neuro Oncol 15:1278-88 (2013). PubMed: 23935154
- Hristozova T et al. A simple multicolor flow cytometry protocol for detection and molecular characterization of circulating tumor cells in epithelial cancers. Cytometry A 81:489-95 (2012). PubMed: 22438318
- Yonesaka K et al. Activation of ERBB2 signaling causes resistance to the EGFR-directed therapeutic antibody cetuximab. Sci Transl Med 3:99ra86 (2011). PubMed: 21900593
- Berger MS et al. Epidermal growth factor receptors in lung tumours. J Pathol 152:297-307 (1987). PubMed: 3668732
- Gullick WJ et al. Antibodies to the autophosphorylation sites of the epidermal growth factor receptor protein-tyrosine kinase as probes of structure and function. EMBO J 4:2869-77 (1985). PubMed: 2415353