Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [EGFR1] to EGFR (PE)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Horse, Human
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-EGFR antibody [EGFR1] (PE)
See all EGFR primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [EGFR1] to EGFR (PE)
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Specificityab130738 reacts with the extracellular domain of Human EGFR.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Horse, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Human epidermoid carcinoma line A431
EpitopeWithin amino acids 6-273
- Human blood cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified antibody is conjugated with R-Phycoerythrin (PE) under optimum conditions. The conjugate is purified by size-exclusion chromatography and adjusted for direct use. No reconstitution is necessary.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab130738 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 10µl for 106 cells.
or 100 µl of whole blood.
ab91532 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2b, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
Involvement in diseaseLung cancer
Inflammatory skin and bowel disease, neonatal, 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3. Dephosphorylated by PTPN1 and PTPN2.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occurs. Deubiquitination by OTUD7B prevents degradation. Ubiquitinated by RNF115 and RNF126.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. Nucleus. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand. Colocalized with GPER1 in the nucleus of estrogen agonist-induced cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAF).
- Information by UniProt
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
ab130738 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Rebetz J et al. Glial progenitor-like phenotype in low-grade glioma and enhanced CD133-expression and neuronal lineage differentiation potential in high-grade glioma. PLoS One 3:e1936 (2008). PubMed: 18398462
- Fortunel NO et al. Long-term expansion of human functional epidermal precursor cells: promotion of extensive amplification by low TGF-beta1 concentrations. J Cell Sci 116:4043-52 (2003). PubMed: 12953061
- Aigner A et al. Expression of a truncated 100 kDa HER2 splice variant acts as an endogenous inhibitor of tumour cell proliferation. Oncogene 20:2101-11 (2001). PubMed: 11360194
- Akiyama M et al. Changing patterns of localization of putative stem cells in developing human hair follicles. J Invest Dermatol 114:321-7 (2000). PubMed: 10651993