Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [ICR10] to EGFR (FITC)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-EGFR antibody [ICR10] (FITC)
See all EGFR primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [ICR10] to EGFR (FITC)
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
The extracellular domain of human EGFR from head and neck carcinoma.
EpitopeBinds Epitope B with an affinity of 6.7 x 10-9 M.
General notesThis product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityIon Exchange Chromatography
Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11400 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||1/50 - 1/100.
Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106cells in 100ul.
ab18446 - Rat monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
Involvement in diseaseLung cancer
Inflammatory skin and bowel disease, neonatal, 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3. Dephosphorylated by PTPN1 and PTPN2.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occurs. Deubiquitination by OTUD7B prevents degradation. Ubiquitinated by RNF115 and RNF126.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. Nucleus. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand. Colocalized with GPER1 in the nucleus of estrogen agonist-induced cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAF).
- Information by UniProt
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
ab11400 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Tamura S et al. Molecular Correlates ofIn VitroResponses to Dacomitinib and Afatinib in Bladder Cancer. Bladder Cancer 4:77-90 (2018). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 29430509
- Kjær I et al. Cetuximab Resistance in Squamous Carcinomas of the Upper Aerodigestive Tract Is Driven by Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Plasticity: Potential for mAb Mixtures. Mol Cancer Ther 15:1614-26 (2016). PubMed: 27196767
- Belmont PJ et al. Resistance to dual blockade of the kinases PI3K and mTOR in KRAS-mutant colorectal cancer models results in combined sensitivity to inhibition of the receptor tyrosine kinase EGFR. Sci Signal 7:ra107 (2014). PubMed: 25389372
- Doan PL et al. Epidermal growth factor regulates hematopoietic regeneration after radiation injury. Nat Med 19:295-304 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 23377280
- Howlin J et al. TNK2 preserves epidermal growth factor receptor expression on the cell surface and enhances migration and invasion of human breast cancer cells. Breast Cancer Res 10:R36 (2008). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 18435854