Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EGFR (phospho Y1086)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EGFR (phospho Y1086) antibody
See all EGFR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EGFR (phospho Y1086)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide (Human) derived from the region of EGFR that contains tyrosine 1086.
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant human EGFR protein
- NIH3T3 cells expressing human EGFR.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using (i) a non phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), and (ii) a generic tyrosine phosphorylated peptide to remove antibody that is reactive with phosphotyrosine, irrespective of the sequence. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using an EGFR-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at tyrosine 1086.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5650 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 185 kDa.|
FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
Involvement in diseaseLung cancer
Inflammatory skin and bowel disease, neonatal, 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3. Dephosphorylated by PTPN1 and PTPN2.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occurs. Deubiquitination by OTUD7B prevents degradation. Ubiquitinated by RNF115 and RNF126.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. Nucleus. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand. Colocalized with GPER1 in the nucleus of estrogen agonist-induced cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAF).
- Information by UniProt
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
Cell extracts prepared from NIH3T3 cells expressing EGFR were starved for 30 hours, then stimulated for 10 minutes with 30 ng/mL EGF (+), or left unstimulated (-), then resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 6% Tris-glycine gel, and transferred to nitrocellulose. Membranes were incubated with 0.50
µg/mL ab5650 antibody, following prior incubation in the absence (lanes 1& 2), or presence of the peptide immunogen (lanes 3 & 4), or the nonphosphopeptide corresponding to the EGFR phosphopeptide (lanes 5 & 6). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 antirabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and bands were detected using the Tropix WesternStar detection method. The data show that only the phosphopeptide corresponding to this site blocks the antibody signal, demonstrating the specificity of the ab5650 antibody for this phosphorylated residue. Cell extracts prepared from NIH3T3 cells expressing EGFR were starved for 30 hours, then stimulate
ab5650 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Wang WJ et al. An essential role of PRMT1-mediated EGFR methylation in EGFR activation by ribonuclease 5. Am J Cancer Res 9:180-185 (2019). PubMed: 30755821
- Liao HW et al. PRMT1-mediated methylation of the EGF receptor regulates signaling and cetuximab response. J Clin Invest 125:4529-43 (2015). PubMed: 26571401
- Puschmann TB et al. HB-EGF affects astrocyte morphology, proliferation, differentiation, and the expression of intermediate filament proteins. J Neurochem 128:878-89 (2014). PubMed: 24188029
- Xu X et al. MUC1 contributes to BPDE-induced human bronchial epithelial cell transformation through facilitating EGFR activation. PLoS One 7:e33846 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22457794
- Li Z et al. Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor-mediated Tissue Transglutaminase Overexpression Couples Acquired Tumor Necrosis Factor-related Apoptosis-inducing Ligand Resistance and Migration through c-FLIP and MMP-9 Proteins in Lung Cancer Cells. J Biol Chem 286:21164-72 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21525012
- Pedersen NM et al. Expression of epidermal growth factor receptor or ErbB3 facilitates geldanamycin-induced down-regulation of ErbB2. Mol Cancer Res 7:275-84 (2009). WB . PubMed: 19208749
- Juarez JC et al. Superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) is essential for H2O2-mediated oxidation and inactivation of phosphatases in growth factor signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:7147-52 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18480265
- Moore T et al. Reduced susceptibility to two-stage skin carcinogenesis in mice with low circulating insulin-like growth factor I levels. Cancer Res 68:3680-8 (2008). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 18483250
- Lu J et al. Activation of epidermal akt by diverse mouse skin tumor promoters. Mol Cancer Res 5:1342-52 (2007). PubMed: 18171992