Product nameAnti-EGFR (phospho Y1101) antibody [M199]
See all EGFR primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [M199] to EGFR (phospho Y1101)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding tyrosine 1101 of human EGFR conjugated to KLH
- ICC: A431 cells untreated or treated with EGF (100ng/ml) for 5 minutes; WB: A431 cell untreated or treated with EGF (100 ng/ml) for 5 minutes.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76195 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 134 kDa.|
FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
Involvement in diseaseLung cancer
Inflammatory skin and bowel disease, neonatal, 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3. Dephosphorylated by PTPN1 and PTPN2.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occurs. Deubiquitination by OTUD7B prevents degradation. Ubiquitinated by RNF115 and RNF126.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. Nucleus. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand. Colocalized with GPER1 in the nucleus of estrogen agonist-induced cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAF).
- Information by UniProt
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
All lanes : Anti-EGFR (phospho Y1101) antibody [M199] (ab76195) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 cells, untreated
Lane 2 : A431 cells treated with EGF (100 ng/ml) for 5 minutes
Predicted band size: 134 kDa
Observed band size: 180 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab76195 at 1/200 dilution staining EGFR in A431 cells, untreated (left) or treated with EGF (100ng/ml) for 5 min (right) by Immunoflurescence.
ab76195 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Boldbaatar A et al. Eupatolide inhibits the TGF-ß1-induced migration of breast cancer cells via downregulation of SMAD3 phosphorylation and transcriptional repression of ALK5. Oncol Lett 14:6031-6039 (2017). PubMed: 29113242
- Vesci L et al. Intra-tumor AvidinOX allows efficacy of low dose systemic biotinylated Cetuximab in a model of head and neck cancer. Oncotarget 7:914-28 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26575422
- Jadwin JA et al. Time-resolved multimodal analysis of Src Homology 2 (SH2) domain binding in signaling by receptor tyrosine kinases. Elife 5:e11835 (2016). PubMed: 27071344
- Brand TM et al. Nuclear epidermal growth factor receptor is a functional molecular target in triple-negative breast cancer. Mol Cancer Ther 13:1356-68 (2014). PubMed: 24634415
- Iida M et al. Yes and Lyn play a role in nuclear translocation of the epidermal growth factor receptor. Oncogene : (2012). PubMed: 22430206