Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EGFR (phospho Y1173)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EGFR (phospho Y1173) antibody
See all EGFR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EGFR (phospho Y1173)
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species WBMouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human EGFR (phospho Y1173).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody has been negatively preadsorbed using (i) a non phosphopeptide corresponding to the site of phosphorylation to remove antibody that is reactive with non-phosphorylated epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), and (ii) a generic tyrosine phosphorylated peptide to remove antibody that is reactive with phosphotyrosine, irrespective of the sequence. The final product is generated by affinity chromatography using an EGFR-derived peptide that is phosphorylated at tyrosine 1173.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5652 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 185 kDa.
1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 185 kDa.
FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
Involvement in diseaseLung cancer
Inflammatory skin and bowel disease, neonatal, 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3. Dephosphorylated by PTPN1 and PTPN2.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occurs. Deubiquitination by OTUD7B prevents degradation. Ubiquitinated by RNF115 and RNF126.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. Nucleus. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand. Colocalized with GPER1 in the nucleus of estrogen agonist-induced cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAF).
- Information by UniProt
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
Cell extracts prepared from NIH3T3 cells expressing EGFR were starved for 30 hours, then stimulated for 10 minutes with 30 ng/mL EGF (+), or left unstimulated (-), then resolved by SDS-PAGE on a 6% Tris-glycine gel, and transferred to nitrocellulose. Membranes were incubated with 0.50
µg/mL ab5652 antibody, following prior incubation in the absence (lanes 1& 2), or presence of the peptide immunogen (lanes 3 & 4), or the nonphosphopeptide corresponding to the EGFR phosphopeptide (lanes 5 & 6). After washing, membranes were incubated with goat F(ab’)2 anti-rabbit IgG alkaline phosphatase and bands were detected using the Tropix WesternStar detection method. The data show that only the phosphopeptide corresponding to this site blocks the antibody signal, demonstrating the specificity of the ab5652 antibody for this phosphorylated residue. Cell extracts prepared from NIH3T3 cells expressing EGFR were starved for 30 hours, then stimulate
ab5652 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Nagpal A et al. Neoadjuvant neratinib promotes ferroptosis and inhibits brain metastasis in a novel syngeneic model of spontaneous HER2+ve breast cancer metastasis. Breast Cancer Res 21:94 (2019). PubMed: 31409375
- An X et al. Oxidative stress promotes ventilator-induced lung injury through activating NLRP3 inflammasome and TRPM2 channel. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:3448-3455 (2019). PubMed: 31411068
- Park J et al. Analyses of Intravesicular Exosomal Proteins Using a Nano-Plasmonic System. ACS Photonics 5:487-494 (2018). PubMed: 29805987
- Fontana AO et al. Epithelial growth factor receptor expression influences 5-ALA induced glioblastoma fluorescence. J Neurooncol 133:497-507 (2017). PubMed: 28500562
- Jiang R et al. The long noncoding RNA lnc-EGFR stimulates T-regulatory cells differentiation thus promoting hepatocellular carcinoma immune evasion. Nat Commun 8:15129 (2017). PubMed: 28541302
- Doan PL et al. Epidermal growth factor regulates hematopoietic regeneration after radiation injury. Nat Med 19:295-304 (2013). Mouse . PubMed: 23377280
- Bade LK et al. Mammary tumorigenesis induced by fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 requires activation of the epidermal growth factor receptor. J Cell Sci 124:3106-17 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21868365
- Golding JP et al. Skeletal muscle stem cells express anti-apoptotic ErbB receptors during activation from quiescence. Exp Cell Res 313:341-56 (2007). PubMed: 17123512
- Schachtrup C et al. Fibrinogen inhibits neurite outgrowth via beta 3 integrin-mediated phosphorylation of the EGF receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:11814-9 (2007). PubMed: 17606926