Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [E124] to EGFR (phospho Y1173)
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, IP, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-EGFR (phospho Y1173) antibody [E124]
See all EGFR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [E124] to EGFR (phospho Y1173)
SpecificityThe antibody detects EGFR phosphorylated on Tyrosine 1173 of the mature human isoform 1 (corresponding to Y1197 from the precursor)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P, IP, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic phospho-peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr1173 of human EGF receptor.
- WB: EGF-treated A431 cells lysate IHC: Phosphatase-treated, paraffin-embedded skin carcinoma
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
- Anti-EGFR (phospho Y1173) antibody [E124] - BSA and Azide free (ab203559)
- Anti-EGFR (phospho Y1173) antibody [E124] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab207020)
- Anti-EGFR (phospho Y1173) antibody [E124] (Alexa Fluor® 405) (ab207235)
- Anti-EGFR (phospho Y1173) antibody [E124] (Alexa Fluor® 555) (ab207236)
- Anti-EGFR (phospho Y1173) antibody [E124] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab207345)
- Anti-EGFR (phospho Y1173) antibody [E124] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab207346)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32578 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/25 - 1/50.|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 170 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/25 - 1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionReceptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin.
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
Involvement in diseaseLung cancer
Inflammatory skin and bowel disease, neonatal, 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3. Dephosphorylated by PTPN1 and PTPN2.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occurs. Deubiquitination by OTUD7B prevents degradation. Ubiquitinated by RNF115 and RNF126.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Golgi apparatus membrane. Nucleus membrane. Endosome. Endosome membrane. Nucleus. In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER. Endocytosed upon activation by ligand. Colocalized with GPER1 in the nucleus of estrogen agonist-induced cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAF).
- Information by UniProt
- Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog antibody
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 40 antibody
- Cell proliferation inducing protein 61 antibody
All lanes : Anti-EGFR (phospho Y1173) antibody [E124] (ab32578) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : A431
Lane 2 : A431 + EGF cell lysates
Predicted band size: 170 kDa
Flow Cytometry analysis of HeLa (human cervix adenocarcinoma) treated (Red)/untreated (Green) with 500ng/ml Trichostatin A for 4 hours with purified ab177178 at 1/1300 dilution. The secondary antibody was Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) at 1/2000 dilution. A Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) was used as the isotype control and cells without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue) were used as unlabeled control.
ab32578 (at 1/50) staining (A) untreated and (B) Phosphatase-treated skin carcinoma tissue by IHC-P.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Immunofluorescent staining of untreated A431 cells using ab32578.
Immunofluorescent staining of Phosphatase-treated A431 cells using ab32578.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32578 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Ngan HL et al. Erlotinib sensitivity of MAPK1p.D321N mutation in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. NPJ Genom Med 5:17 (2020). PubMed: 32351709
- Yang H et al. Combination of cetuximab with met inhibitor in control of cetuximab-resistant oral squamous cell carcinoma. Am J Transl Res 11:2370-2381 (2019). PubMed: 31105843
- Ng PK et al. Systematic Functional Annotation of Somatic Mutations in Cancer. Cancer Cell 33:450-462.e10 (2018). PubMed: 29533785
- Eichenlaub T et al. Warburg Effect Metabolism Drives Neoplasia in a Drosophila Genetic Model of Epithelial Cancer. Curr Biol 28:3220-3228.e6 (2018). PubMed: 30293715
- Randall EC et al. Integrated mapping of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in a patient-derived xenograft model of glioblastoma. Nat Commun 9:4904 (2018). PubMed: 30464169