Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [mAbcam55160] to Egr1
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Egr1 antibody [mAbcam55160]
See all Egr1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam55160] to Egr1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: HeLa Whole Cell Lysate; HeLa Nuclear lysate - TPA stimulated 2 hr
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab55160 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55, 85 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa).|
|IP||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionTranscriptional regulator. Recognizes and binds to the DNA sequence 5'-CGCCCCCGC-3'(EGR-site). Activates the transcription of target genes whose products are required for mitogenesis and differentiation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the EGR C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 3 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
- Information by UniProt
- AT225 antibody
- Early growth response 1 antibody
- Early growth response protein 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Egr1 antibody [mAbcam55160] (ab55160) at 5 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
HeLa nuclear extract lysate (TPA stimulated 2 hr) (ab14653)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 58 kDa
Observed band size: 55,85 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Egr1 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Egr1 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70°C; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab55160.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 55kDa; Egr1
ab55160 (1/250) staining Egr1 in paraffin-embedded Human placenta tissue. Tissue underwent fixation in formaldehyde, peroxidase blocking, protein blocking and heat mediated antigen retrieval. The secondary antibody was goat anti rabbit/mouse conjugated to HRP. For further experimental details please refer to abreview.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab55160 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab55160, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab55160 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zhang Q et al. miR-942 promotes proliferation and metastasis of hepatocellular carcinoma cells by inhibiting RRM2B. Onco Targets Ther 12:8367-8378 (2019). PubMed: 31632084
- Zhang YM et al. Autophagy-related gene LRRK2 is likely a susceptibility gene for systemic lupus erythematosus in northern Han Chinese. Oncotarget 8:13754-13761 (2017). PubMed: 28099919
- Huang Q et al. HTLV-1 Tax upregulates early growth response protein 1 through nuclear factor-?B signaling. Oncotarget 8:51123-51133 (2017). PubMed: 28881635
- Zhu HY et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? agonist inhibits collagen synthesis in human keloid fibroblasts by suppression of early growth response-1 expression through upregulation of miR-543 expression. Am J Cancer Res 6:1358-70 (2016). PubMed: 27429849
- Li X et al. Underlying Mechanisms of Memory Deficits Induced by Etomidate Anesthesia in Aged Rat Model: Critical Role of Immediate Early Genes. Chin Med J (Engl) 129:48-53 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26712432
- Marthandan S et al. Similarities in Gene Expression Profiles during In Vitro Aging of Primary Human Embryonic Lung and Foreskin Fibroblasts. Biomed Res Int 2015:731938 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26339636
- Døssing KB et al. Down-Regulation of miR-129-5p and the let-7 Family in Neuroendocrine Tumors and Metastases Leads to Up-Regulation of Their Targets Egr1, G3bp1, Hmga2 and Bach1. Genes (Basel) 6:1-21 (2014). WB . PubMed: 25546138
- Jafferji I et al. Inhibition of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) expression by human cytomegalovirus correlates with an increase in the expression and binding of Wilms' Tumour 1 protein to the EGFR promoter. J Gen Virol 90:1569-74 (2009). PubMed: 19321755