Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to EHMT2/G9A
- Suitable for: IP, ChIP, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EHMT2/G9A antibody
See all EHMT2/G9A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to EHMT2/G9A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ChIP, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Fusion protein corresponding to Human EHMT2/ G9A aa 831-1001.
Database link: Q96KQ7
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40542 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/2000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/2500. Predicted molecular weight: 132 kDa. For endogeneous detection (without G9a over expression): use nuclear extracts and block overnight or perform IP prior to WB.|
FunctionHistone methyltransferase that specifically mono- and dimethylates 'Lys-9' of histone H3 (H3K9me1 and H3K9me2, respectively) in euchromatin. H3K9me represents a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression by recruiting HP1 proteins to methylated histones. Also mediates monomethylation of 'Lys-56' of histone H3 (H3K56me1) in G1 phase, leading to promote interaction between histone H3 and PCNA and regulating DNA replication. Also weakly methylates 'Lys-27' of histone H3 (H3K27me). Also required for DNA methylation, the histone methyltransferase activity is not required for DNA methylation, suggesting that these 2 activities function independently. Probably targeted to histone H3 by different DNA-binding proteins like E2F6, MGA, MAX and/or DP1. May also methylate histone H1. In addition to the histone methyltransferase activity, also methylates non-histone proteins: mediates dimethylation of 'Lys-373' of p53/TP53. Also methylates CDYL, WIZ, ACIN1, DNMT1, HDAC1, ERCC6, KLF12 and itself.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined, with high levels in fetal liver, thymus, lymph node, spleen and peripheral blood leukocytes and lower level in bone marrow.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class V-like SAM-binding methyltransferase superfamily. Histone-lysine methyltransferase family. Suvar3-9 subfamily.
Contains 7 ANK repeats.
Contains 1 post-SET domain.
Contains 1 pre-SET domain.
Contains 1 SET domain.
DomainThe SET domain mediates interaction with WIZ.
The ANK repeats bind H3K9me1 and H3K9me2.
modificationsMethylated at Lys-185; automethylated.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Associates with euchromatic regions. Does not associate with heterochromatin.
- Information by UniProt
- Ankyrin repeat containing protein antibody
- Bat 8 antibody
- Bat8 antibody
All lanes : Anti-EHMT2/G9A antibody (ab40542) at 1/2500 dilution
Lane 1 : Untransfected HeLa cell extract
Lane 2 : G9a transfected HeLa cell extract
Predicted band size: 132 kDa
Observed band size: 132 kDa
Additional bands at: 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab40542 (1:2000) staining EHMT2/ G9A in human prostate using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong nuclear staining.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer citrate pH6.1 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab40542 has been referenced in 34 publications.
- Crawford NT et al. TBX2 interacts with heterochromatin protein 1 to recruit a novel repression complex to EGR1-targeted promoters to drive the proliferation of breast cancer cells. Oncogene 38:5971-5986 (2019). PubMed: 31253870
- Anderson EM et al. Knockdown of the histone di-methyltransferase G9a in nucleus accumbens shell decreases cocaine self-administration, stress-induced reinstatement, and anxiety. Neuropsychopharmacology 44:1370-1376 (2019). PubMed: 30587852
- Butler AA et al. Long noncoding RNA NEAT1 mediates neuronal histone methylation and age-related memory impairment. Sci Signal 12:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31266852
- Song W et al. LncRNA TRERNA1 facilitates hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis by dimethylating H3K9 in the CDH1 promoter region via the recruitment of the EHMT2/SNAI1 complex. Cell Prolif 52:e12621 (2019). PubMed: 31012192
- Miao H et al. A long noncoding RNA distributed in both nucleus and cytoplasm operates in the PYCARD-regulated apoptosis by coordinating the epigenetic and translational regulation. PLoS Genet 15:e1008144 (2019). PubMed: 31086376