Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to eIF3B
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-eIF3B antibody
See all eIF3B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to eIF3B
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Drosophila melanogaster
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates; HEK293, HepG2, SHSY-5Y and U2OS. IF/ICC: HeLa cell line.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40799 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 92 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionComponent of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 (eIF-3) complex, which is required for several steps in the initiation of protein synthesis. The eIF-3 complex associates with the 40S ribosome and facilitates the recruitment of eIF-1, eIF-1A, eIF-2:GTP:methionyl-tRNAi and eIF-5 to form the 43S preinitiation complex (43S PIC). The eIF-3 complex stimulates mRNA recruitment to the 43S PIC and scanning of the mRNA for AUG recognition. The eIF-3 complex is also required for disassembly and recycling of post-termination ribosomal complexes and subsequently prevents premature joining of the 40S and 60S ribosomal subunits prior to initiation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eIF-3 subunit B family.
Contains 1 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domain.
Contains 5 WD repeats.
DomainThe RRM domain mediates interaction with EIF3J.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Phosphorylation is enhanced upon serum stimulation.
- Information by UniProt
- eIF-3-eta antibody
- eIF3 eta antibody
- eIF3 p110 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab40799 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab40799, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-eIF3B antibody (ab40799) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : U2OS (Human osteosarcoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 92 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
This antibody was raised against an immunogen that is predicted to cross react with both isoforms 1 and 2 of eIF3B. We believe that the band observed is isoform 2 due to its higher molecular weight of 110 kDa. Predicted molecular weights of the isoforms are 92 kDa and 99 kDa respectively.
ab40799 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang L & Ouyang L Effects of EIF3B gene downregulation on apoptosis and proliferation of human ovarian cancer SKOV3 and HO-8910 cells. Biomed Pharmacother 109:831-837 (2019). PubMed: 30551537
- Tang L et al. Muscleblind-like 1 destabilizes Snail mRNA and suppresses the metastasis of colorectal cancer cells via the Snail/E-cadherin axis. Int J Oncol 54:955-965 (2019). PubMed: 30664186
- Hodgson RE et al. Cellular eIF2B subunit localization: implications for the integrated stress response and its control by small molecule drugs. Mol Biol Cell 30:942-958 (2019). PubMed: 30726166
- Fathinajafabadi A et al. CERKL, a retinal disease gene, encodes an mRNA-binding protein that localizes in compact and untranslated mRNPs associated with microtubules. PLoS One 9:e87898 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24498393