Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to eIF4A3
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, IP, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-eIF4A3 antibody
See all eIF4A3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to eIF4A3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, IP, ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken, Cow, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish, Cynomolgus monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human eIF4A3 aa 1-100.
(Peptide available as
- Recombinant Human eIF4A3 protein (ab123151) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate MEF1 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate PC12 (Rat adrenal pheochromocytoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32485 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22982623|
|IP||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 47 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
FunctionATP-dependent RNA helicase. Component of a splicing-dependent multiprotein exon junction complex (EJC) deposited at splice junction on mRNAs. The EJC is a dynamic structure consisting of a few core proteins and several more peripheral nuclear and cytoplasmic associated factors that join the complex only transiently either during EJC assembly or during subsequent mRNA metabolism. Core components of the EJC, that remains bound to spliced mRNAs throughout all stages of mRNA metabolism, functions to mark the position of the exon-exon junction in the mature mRNA and thereby influences downstream processes of gene expression including mRNA splicing, nuclear mRNA export, subcellular mRNA localization, translation efficiency and nonsense-mediated mRNA decay (NMD). Constitutes at least part of the platform anchoring other EJC proteins to spliced mRNAs. Its RNA-dependent ATPase and RNA-helicase activities are induced by CASC3, but abolished in presence of the MAGOH/RBM8A heterodimer, thereby trapping the ATP-bound EJC core onto spliced mRNA in a stable conformation. The inhibition of ATPase activity by the MAGOH/RBM8A heterodimer increases the RNA-binding affinity of the EJC. Involved in translational enhancement of spliced mRNAs after formation of the 80S ribosome complex. Binds spliced mRNA in sequence-independent manner, 20-24 nucleotides upstream of mRNA exon-exon junctions. Shows higher affinity for single-stranded RNA in an ATP-bound core EJC complex than after the ATP is hydrolyzed.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the DEAD box helicase family. eIF4A subfamily.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Nucleus speckle. Cytoplasm. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein. Travels to the cytoplasm as part of the exon junction complex (EJC) bound to mRNA. Detected in dendritic layer as well as the nuclear and cytoplasmic (somatic) compartments of neurons. Colocalizes with STAU1 and FMR1 in dendrites.
- Information by UniProt
- ATP-dependent RNA helicase DDX48 antibody
- ATP-dependent RNA helicase eIF4A-3 antibody
- DDX48 antibody
Anti-eIF4A3 antibody (ab32485) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate at 20 µg
IR Dye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/15000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 47 kDa
eIF4A3 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to eIF4A3 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70°C; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab32485.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 47kDa; eIF4A3
All lanes : Anti-eIF4A3 antibody (ab32485) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MEF1 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : PC12 (Rat adrenal pheochromocytoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 46 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 100 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab32485 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in TBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab32485, 5µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
IHC image of eIF4A3 staining in human skin FFPE section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab32485, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
ab32485 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Repici M et al. The Parkinson's Disease-Linked Protein DJ-1 Associates with Cytoplasmic mRNP Granules During Stress and Neurodegeneration. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29675578
- Blazquez L et al. Exon Junction Complex Shapes the Transcriptome by Repressing Recursive Splicing. Mol Cell 72:496-509.e9 (2018). PubMed: 30388411
- Hu J et al. Nuclear localization of EIF4G3 suggests a role for the XY body in translational regulation during spermatogenesis in mice. Biol Reprod 98:102-114 (2018). PubMed: 29161344
- Da Ros M et al. FYCO1 and autophagy control the integrity of the haploid male germ cell-specific RNP granules. Autophagy 13:302-321 (2017). PubMed: 27929729
- Sanchez G et al. A novel role for CARM1 in promoting nonsense-mediated mRNA decay: potential implications for spinal muscular atrophy. Nucleic Acids Res 44:2661-76 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26656492
- Van Rechem C et al. Lysine demethylase KDM4A associates with translation machinery and regulates protein synthesis. Cancer Discov 5:255-63 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25564516
- Chuang TW et al. The RNA-binding protein Y14 inhibits mRNA decapping and modulates processing body formation. Mol Biol Cell 24:1-13 (2013). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23115303
- Barker-Haliski ML et al. Expression of the core exon-junction complex factor eukaryotic initiation factor 4A3 is increased during spatial exploration and striatally-mediated learning. Neuroscience 226:51-61 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Rat . PubMed: 22982623
- Feng J et al. A proteomic comparison of immature and mature mouse gonadotrophs reveals novel differentially expressed nuclear proteins that regulate gonadotropin gene transcription and RNA splicing. Biol Reprod 79:546-61 (2008). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 18480465