Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2169Y] to eIF4EBP1 + eIF4EBP2 + eIF4EBP3 (phospho T45)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
Product nameAnti-eIF4EBP1 + eIF4EBP2 + eIF4EBP3 (phospho T45) antibody [EPR2169Y]
See all eIF4EBP1 + eIF4EBP2 + eIF4EBP3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2169Y] to eIF4EBP1 + eIF4EBP2 + eIF4EBP3 (phospho T45)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
A phospho specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding threonine 45
- WB: 293T cell lysate IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue
Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with this species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68187 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 14-19 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 13 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
RelevanceeIF4EBP1 is a member of a family of translation repressor proteins. The protein directly interacts with eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E (eIF4E), which is a limiting component of the multisubunit complex that recruits 40S ribosomal subunits to the 5' end of mRNAs. Interaction of this protein with eIF4E inhibits complex assembly and represses translation. This protein is phosphorylated in response to various signals including UV irradiation and insulin signaling, resulting in its dissociation from eIF4E and activation of mRNA translation. eIF4EBP2 regulates eIF4E activity by preventing its assembly into the EIF4F complex. It mediates the regulation of protein translation by hormones, growth factors and other stimuli that signal through the MAP kinase pathway. Nonphosphorylated EIF4EBP2 interacts with EIF4E. eIF4EBP2 is phosphorylated on serine and threonine residues in response to insulin, EGF and PDGF, and belongs to the eIF4E binding protein family. eIF4EBP3 is a member of the EIF4EBP family which derives it name from proteins that bind to eukaryotic initiation factor 4E and that prevent its assembly into EIF4F. Cotranscription of this gene and the neighboring upstream gene (MASK) generates a transcript (MASK-BP3) which encodes a fusion protein comprised of the MASK protein sequence for the majority of the protein and a different C terminus due to an alternate reading frame for the EIF4EBP3 segments.
- 4EBP1 antibody
- 4EBP2 antibody
- 4EBP3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-eIF4EBP1 + eIF4EBP2 + eIF4EBP3 (phospho T45) antibody [EPR2169Y] (ab68187)
Lane 1 : 293T cell lysate, untreated.
Lane 2 : 293T cell lysate, treated with FBS.
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP conjugated Goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 13 kDa
Observed band size: 14-19 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Human breast carcinoma tissue stained with ab68187 at 1/50 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab68187 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Freis P et al. mTOR inhibitors activate PERK signaling and favor viability of gastrointestinal neuroendocrine cell lines. Oncotarget 8:20974-20987 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28423496
- Zhang X et al. Targeting CD47 and Autophagy Elicited Enhanced Antitumor Effects in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Cancer Immunol Res 5:363-375 (2017). PubMed: 28351890
- Lin TV et al. Normalizing translation through 4E-BP prevents mTOR-driven cortical mislamination and ameliorates aberrant neuron integration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:11330-11335 (2016). IHC-FrFl ; Mouse . PubMed: 27647922
- Wang S et al. The role of autophagy in the neurotoxicity of cationic PAMAM dendrimers. Biomaterials 35:7588-97 (2014). PubMed: 24906346
- Fan J et al. Autophagy Plays a Critical Role in ChLym-1-Induced Cytotoxicity of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma Cells. PLoS One 8:e72478 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24015249