Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to eIF4G1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-eIF4G1 antibody
See all eIF4G1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to eIF4G1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to eIF4G1 aa 300-400 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 Human embryonic kidney cell line Whole Cell Lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47649 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 220 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 220 kDa).|
FunctionComponent of the protein complex eIF4F, which is involved in the recognition of the mRNA cap, ATP-dependent unwinding of 5'-terminal secondary structure and recruitment of mRNA to the ribosome.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in EIF4G1 are the cause of Parkinson disease type 18 (PARK18) [MIM:614251]. An autosomal dominant, late-onset form of Parkinson disease. Parkinson disease is a complex neurodegenerative disorder characterized by bradykinesia, resting tremor, muscular rigidity and postural instability, as well as by a clinically significant response to treatment with levodopa. The pathology involves the loss of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra and the presence of Lewy bodies (intraneuronal accumulations of aggregated proteins), in surviving neurons in various areas of the brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the eIF4G family.
Contains 1 MI domain.
Contains 1 MIF4G domain.
Contains 1 W2 domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated at multiple sites in vivo. Phosphorylation at Ser-1185 by PRKCA induces binding to MKNK1.
Following infection by certain enteroviruses, rhinoviruses and aphthoviruses, EIF4G1 is cleaved by the viral protease 2A, or the leader protease in the case of aphthoviruses. This shuts down the capped cellular mRNA transcription.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp686A1451 antibody
- eIF 4 gamma 1 antibody
- eIF 4G 1 antibody
Anti-eIF4G1 antibody (ab47649) at 1 µg/ml + HEK293 Human embryonic kidney cell line Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 220 kDa
Observed band size: 220 kDa
Additional bands at: 110 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab47649 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min), permabilised in PBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab47649, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab47649 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Haimov O et al. Dynamic Interaction of Eukaryotic Initiation Factor 4G1 (eIF4G1) with eIF4E and eIF1 Underlies Scanning-Dependent and -Independent Translation. Mol Cell Biol 38:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29987188
- Sun Y et al. Newcastle disease virus induces stable formation of bona fide stress granules to facilitate viral replication through manipulating host protein translation. FASEB J 31:1337-1353 (2017). PubMed: 28011649
- Sinvani H et al. Translational tolerance of mitochondrial genes to metabolic energy stress involves TISU and eIF1-eIF4GI cooperation in start codon selection. Cell Metab 21:479-92 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25738462
- Kaehler C et al. 5-Fluorouracil affects assembly of stress granules based on RNA incorporation. Nucleic Acids Res 42:6436-47 (2014). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 24728989
- Kaehler C et al. Ataxin-2-like is a regulator of stress granules and processing bodies. PLoS One 7:e50134 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23209657
- Arastu-Kapur S et al. Nonproteasomal targets of the proteasome inhibitors bortezomib and carfilzomib: a link to clinical adverse events. Clin Cancer Res 17:2734-43 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21364033