Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to ELMO1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Zebrafish
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ELMO1 antibody
See all ELMO1 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to ELMO1
SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognise both human isoforms.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Zebrafish
Predicted to work with: Dog
- Jurkat cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2239 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml.
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product. Note the smaller isoform of this protein has a consensus glycosylation site, which may explain the higher than expected band size (50 kDa versus 30 kDa).
FunctionInvolved in cytoskeletal rearrangements required for phagocytosis of apoptotic cells and cell motility. Acts in assocation with DOCK1 and CRK. Was initially proposed to be required in complex with DOCK1 to activate Rac Rho small GTPases. May enhance the guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) activity of DOCK1.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with a higher expression in the spleen and placenta.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 ELMO domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by HCK.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocation to plasma membrane seems to be mediated by DOCK1 and CRK.
- Information by UniProt
- CED 12 antibody
- Ced 12 homolog 1 antibody
- Ced 12 homolog antibody
All lanes : Anti-ELMO1 antibody (ab2239) at 0.3 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Frontal Cortex cell lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer).
Lane 2 : Mouse cell lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer).
Lane 3 : Rat cell lysate (35µg protein in RIPA buffer).
Primary incubation was 1 hour. Detected by chemiluminescence.
IHC image of ab2239 staining in human normal lymphoid formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab2239, 10µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Ab2239 staining (1
µg/ml) of Jurkat lysate (RIPA buffer, 35 µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence. Ab2239 staining (1µg/ml) of Jurkat lysate (RIPA buffer, 35µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 1 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
ab2239 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Rival CM et al. Phosphatidylserine on viable sperm and phagocytic machinery in oocytes regulate mammalian fertilization. Nat Commun 10:4456 (2019). PubMed: 31575859
- Makino Y et al. Tyr724 phosphorylation of ELMO1 by Src is involved in cell spreading and migration via Rac1 activation. Cell Commun Signal 13:35 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26205662
- Capala ME et al. ELMO1 is upregulated in AML CD34+ stem/progenitor cells, mediates chemotaxis and predicts poor prognosis in normal karyotype AML. PLoS One 9:e111568 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25360637
- Toret CP et al. An Elmo-Dock complex locally controls Rho GTPases and actin remodeling during cadherin-mediated adhesion. J Cell Biol 207:577-87 (2014). PubMed: 25452388
- Dulak AM et al. Exome and whole-genome sequencing of esophageal adenocarcinoma identifies recurrent driver events and mutational complexity. Nat Genet 45:478-86 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23525077