Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to ELMO2
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.05% Tris, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2240 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 3 - 6 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml.
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionInvolved in cytoskeletal rearrangements required for phagocytosis of apoptotic cells and cell motility. Acts in assocation with DOCK1 and CRK. Was initially proposed to be required in complex with DOCK1 to activate Rac Rho small GTPases. May enhance the guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) activity of DOCK1.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with a higher expression in skeletal muscle, kidney and placenta.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 ELMO domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytosol. Membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CED 12 antibody
- Ced 12 homolog 2 antibody
- CED 12 homolog A antibody
Ab2240 staining (2
µg/ml) of Human Brain lysate (RIPA buffer, 30 µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 12 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
Ab2240 staining (2µg/ml) of Human Brain lysate (RIPA buffer, 30µg total protein per lane). Primary incubated for 12 hour. Detected by western blot using chemiluminescence.
ab2240 at 3.8 µg/ml staining ELMO2 in Human prostate tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
ab2240 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Wang Y et al. ELMO2 association with Gai2 regulates pancreatic cancer cell chemotaxis and metastasis. PeerJ 8:e8910 (2020). PubMed: 32292657
- Hetmanski JHR et al. Membrane Tension Orchestrates Rear Retraction in Matrix-Directed Cell Migration. Dev Cell 51:460-475.e10 (2019). PubMed: 31607653
- Toret CP et al. A genome-wide screen identifies conserved protein hubs required for cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion. J Cell Biol 204:265-79 (2014). ICC/IF, WB ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 24446484
- Toret CP et al. An Elmo-Dock complex locally controls Rho GTPases and actin remodeling during cadherin-mediated adhesion. J Cell Biol 207:577-87 (2014). PubMed: 25452388
- Harada K et al. Ephexin4 and EphA2 mediate resistance to anoikis through RhoG and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. Exp Cell Res 317:1701-13 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21621533
- Hiramoto-Yamaki N et al. Ephexin4 and EphA2 mediate cell migration through a RhoG-dependent mechanism. J Cell Biol 190:461-77 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20679435
- Gekonge BN et al. Signal transduction induced by apoptotic cells inhibits HIV transcription in monocytes/macrophages. J Leukoc Biol 80:953-60 (2006). WB . PubMed: 16885500