Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR11880] to ELOVL2
- Suitable for: IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-ELOVL2 antibody [EPR11880]
See all ELOVL2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR11880] to ELOVL2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human ELOVL2 aa 250 to the C-terminus (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9NXB9
- Rat liver, Mouse testis, Fetal liver and Mouse liver lysates
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab176327 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa.|
FunctionCondensing enzyme that catalyzes the synthesis of polyunsaturated very long chain fatty acid (C20- and C22-PUFA). Acts specifically toward polyunsaturated acyl-CoA with the higher activity toward C20:4(n-6) acyl-CoA.
Tissue specificityLiver and testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ELO family.
DomainThe di-lysine motif may confer endoplasmic reticulum localization.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 3 keto acyl CoA synthase ELOVL2 antibody
- 3-keto acyl-CoA synthase Elovl2 antibody
- Elongation of very long chain fatty acids (FEN1/Elo2, SUR4/Elo3, yeast) like 2 antibody
Western blot analysis on immunoprecipitation pellet from mouse liver lysate labeling ELOVL2 using ab176327 at a 1/10 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-ELOVL2 antibody [EPR11880] (ab176327) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat liver lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse testis lysate
Lane 3 : Fetal liver lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse liver lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
ab176327 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Sarr O et al. Dietary EPA and DHA prevent changes in white adipose tissue omega-3 PUFA and oxylipin content associated with a Fads2 deficiency. J Nutr Biochem 63:140-149 (2019). PubMed: 30368227
- Ding Y et al. MYCN and PRC1 cooperatively repress docosahexaenoic acid synthesis in neuroblastoma via ELOVL2. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:498 (2019). PubMed: 31856871
- Song L et al. Phytosterol esters attenuate hepatic steatosis in rats with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease rats fed a high-fat diet. Sci Rep 7:41604 (2017). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 28169366
- Yan M et al. Identification of SPOP related metabolic pathways in prostate cancer. Oncotarget 8:103032-103046 (2017). WB . PubMed: 29262542