Product nameAnti-ELOVL2 antibody [EPR11880]
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR11880] to ELOVL2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (the amino acid sequence is considered to be commercially sensitive) within Human ELOVL2 aa 250 to the C-terminus (Cysteine residue). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9NXB9
- Rat liver, Mouse testis, Fetal liver and Mouse liver lysates
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMab® patents
This product is a recombinant rabbit monoclonal antibody.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab176327 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa.|
FunctionCondensing enzyme that catalyzes the synthesis of polyunsaturated very long chain fatty acid (C20- and C22-PUFA). Acts specifically toward polyunsaturated acyl-CoA with the higher activity toward C20:4(n-6) acyl-CoA.
Tissue specificityLiver and testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ELO family.
DomainThe di-lysine motif may confer endoplasmic reticulum localization.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 3 keto acyl CoA synthase ELOVL2 antibody
- 3-keto acyl-CoA synthase Elovl2 antibody
- Elongation of very long chain fatty acids (FEN1/Elo2, SUR4/Elo3, yeast) like 2 antibody
Western blot analysis on immunoprecipitation pellet from mouse liver lysate labeling ELOVL2 using ab176327 at a 1/10 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-ELOVL2 antibody [EPR11880] (ab176327) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat liver lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse testis lysate
Lane 3 : Fetal liver lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse liver lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
This product has been referenced in:
- Song L et al. Phytosterol esters attenuate hepatic steatosis in rats with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease rats fed a high-fat diet. Sci Rep 7:41604 (2017). WB ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 28169366) »
- Yan M et al. Identification of SPOP related metabolic pathways in prostate cancer. Oncotarget 8:103032-103046 (2017). WB . Read more (PubMed: 29262542) »