Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ELP2
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ELP2 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ELP2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Cow
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human ELP2 aa 318-620 (internal sequence).
Database link: Q6IA86
- HeLa nuclear cell lysate. HeLa cells. Human colon carcinoma tissue.
Previously labelled as STATIP1.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab154643 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Alternatively Tris-EDTA buffer (pH8.0) may be used.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionRegulates the ligand-dependent activation of STAT3.
Acts as subunit of the RNA polymerase II elongator complex, which is a histone acetyltransferase component of the RNA polymerase II (Pol II) holoenzyme and is involved in transcriptional elongation. Elongator may play a role in chromatin remodeling and is involved in acetylation of histones H3 and probably H4.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat ELP2 family.
Contains 14 WD repeats.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- AU023723 antibody
- Elongation protein 2 homolog (S. cerevisiae) antibody
- Elongator acetyltransferase complex subunit 2 antibody
Anti-ELP2 antibody (ab154643) at 1/1000 dilution + HeLa nuclear lysate at 20 µg
Predicted band size: 93 kDa
7.5% SDS PAGE
Immunofluorescent analysis of paraformaldehyde-fixed HeLa cells labeling ELP2 with ab154643 at a 1/500 dilution. Alpha-tubulin filaments were labeled red at 1/2000.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Human colon carcinoma tissue labelling ELP2 with ab154643 at a 1/250 dilution.
ab154643 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Li MT et al. ELP3 Acetyltransferase is phosphorylated and regulated by the oncogenic anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK). Biochem J 476:2239-2254 (2019). PubMed: 31341009
- Hogstrand C et al. A mechanism for epithelial-mesenchymal transition and anoikis resistance in breast cancer triggered by zinc channel ZIP6 and STAT3 (signal transducer and activator of transcription 3). Biochem J 455:229-37 (2013). PubMed: 23919497