Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1665Y] to Endo G
- Suitable for: WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Endo G antibody [EP1665Y]
See all Endo G primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1665Y] to Endo G
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Endo G (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900)
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76122 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
RelevanceEndo G is a nuclear encoded endonuclease that is localized in the mitochondrion. The encoded protein cleaves DNA at GC tracts. It is capable of generating the RNA primers required by DNA polymerase gamma to initiate replication of mitochondrial DNA.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic, Mitochondrial and Nuclear
- EndoG antibody
- Endonuclease G antibody
- Endonuclease G mitochondrial antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: Endo G HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: Mouse liver tissue lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HepG2 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab76122 observed at 29 kDa. Red - loading control, ab7291, observed at 52 kDa.
ab76122 was shown to specifically react with Endo G when Endo G knockout samples were used. Wild-type and Endo G knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab76122 and ab7291 (loading control to alpha tubulin) were diluted 1/2000 and 1/10000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD)preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 h at room temperature before imaging.
Anti-Endo G antibody [EP1665Y] (ab76122) at 1/2000 dilution + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/1000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 35 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab76122 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Wei Q et al. The mitochondrial pathway is involved in sodium fluoride (NaF)-induced renal apoptosis in mice. Toxicol Res (Camb) 7:792-808 (2018). PubMed: 30310657
- Pardo R et al. EndoG Knockout Mice Show Increased Brown Adipocyte Recruitment in White Adipose Tissue and Improved Glucose Homeostasis. Endocrinology 157:3873-3887 (2016). Mouse . PubMed: 27547848