Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Endomorphin 2
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Rat, Non human primates
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Endomorphin 2 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Endomorphin 2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Non human primates
- Recombinant Human GALC protein (ab116728) can be used as a positive control in WB.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10289 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceEndomorphin-1 (Tyr-Pro-Trp-Phe-NH2, EM-1) and endomorphin-2 (Tyr-Pro-Phe-Phe-NH2, EM-2)are endogenous tetrapeptides derived from an unknown precursor and have the highest affinity and selectivity for the mu-opioid receptor (MOP-R) of all known mammalian opioids. They have been isolated from bovine and human brain, and have a potent antinociceptive activity (inhibition of pain perception) and are involved in a number of physiological processes, including food intake, vasomotricity, sexual behavior, as well as neuroendocrine and cardiorespiratory functions. Opioidmimetics and opioid peptides containing the amino acid sequence of the message domain of endomorphins, Tyr-Pro-Phe/Trp, could exhibit unique binding activity and lead to the development of new therapeutic drugs for controlling pain.
- EM 2 antibody
ab10289 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Liu S et al. Effect of endomorphin-2 on orofacial pain induced by orthodontic tooth movement in rats. Eur J Oral Sci 127:408-416 (2019). PubMed: 31365768
- Wu ZY et al. Endomorphin-2 Decreases Excitatory Synaptic Transmission in the Spinal Ventral Horn of the Rat. Front Neural Circuits 11:55 (2017). PubMed: 28848403
- Hernandez S et al. Impact of Psychological Stress on Pain Perception in an Animal Model of Endometriosis. Reprod Sci 24:1371-1381 (2017). PubMed: 28093054
- Luo DS et al. Connections between EM2- and SP-containing terminals and GABAergic neurons in the mouse spinal dorsal horn. Neurol Sci 35:1421-7 (2014). PubMed: 24718557
- Dou XL et al. Synaptic Connections between Endomorphin 2-Immunoreactive Terminals and µ-Opioid Receptor-Expressing Neurons in the Sacral Parasympathetic Nucleus of the Rat. PLoS One 8:e62028 (2013). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 23671582