Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Endothelin A Receptor/ET-A
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Endothelin A Receptor/ET-A antibody
See all Endothelin A Receptor/ET-A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Endothelin A Receptor/ET-A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Cow, Dog, Pig
- Mouse dorsal root ganglia; Mouse heart tissue; Endothelin A Receptor/ET-A transfected cells; Mouse heart lysate
We have received mixed feedback about mouse cross reactivity, some lot works and some doesn't so we no longer guarantee this species.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab117521 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa.|
FunctionReceptor for endothelin-1. Mediates its action by association with G proteins that activate a phosphatidylinositol-calcium second messenger system. The rank order of binding affinities for ET-A is: ET1 > ET2 >> ET3.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1, isoform 3 and isoform 4 are expressed in a variety of tissues, with highest levels in the aorta and cerebellum, followed by lung, atrium and cerebral cortex, lower levels in the placenta, kidney, adrenal gland, duodenum, colon, ventricle and liver but no expression in umbilical vein endothelial cells. Within the placenta, isoform 1, isoform 2, isoform 3 and isoform 4 are expressed in the villi and stem villi vessels.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family. Endothelin receptor subfamily. EDNRA sub-subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Ednra antibody
- EDNRA_HUMAN antibody
- Endothelin 1 receptor precursor antibody
ab117521, at 1/5000 dilution, staining Endothelin A Receptor/ET-A in HEK293 transfected with Endothelin A receptor cells by Immunocytochemistry.
ab117251, at 1/2000 dilution, staining Endothelin A Receptor/ET-A in the atrium of mouse heart by Immunohistochemistry.
Anti-Endothelin A Receptor/ET-A antibody (ab117521) at 1/5000 dilution + Mouse heart lysate
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
ab117521 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Su E et al. Aggravated endothelial endocrine dysfunction and intimal thickening of renal artery in high-fat diet-induced obese pigs following renal denervation. BMC Cardiovasc Disord 20:176 (2020). PubMed: 32295540
- Adams KL et al. Endothelin-1 signaling maintains glial progenitor proliferation in the postnatal subventricular zone. Nat Commun 11:2138 (2020). PubMed: 32358570
- Im EJ et al. Sulfisoxazole inhibits the secretion of small extracellular vesicles by targeting the endothelin receptor A. Nat Commun 10:1387 (2019). PubMed: 30918259
- Zhang W et al. Enhanced Endothelin A and B Receptor Expression and Receptor-Mediated Vasoconstriction in Rat Mesenteric arteries after Lipopolysaccharide Challenge. Mediators Inflamm 2019:6248197 (2019). PubMed: 31827377
- Bellaye PS et al. Macitentan reduces progression of TGF-ß1-induced pulmonary fibrosis and pulmonary hypertension. Eur Respir J 52:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29976656
- Choy MK et al. Promoter interactome of human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytes connects GWAS regions to cardiac gene networks. Nat Commun 9:2526 (2018). PubMed: 29955040
- Bogdanov P et al. Topical Administration of Bosentan Prevents Retinal Neurodegeneration in Experimental Diabetes. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30428543
- Por ED et al. Repeat low-level blast exposure increases transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) and endothelin-1 (ET-1) expression in the trigeminal ganglion. PLoS One 12:e0182102 (2017). PubMed: 28797041
- Sun D et al. Hypercholesterolemia Impairs Nonstenotic Kidney Outcomes After Reversal of Experimental Renovascular Hypertension. Am J Hypertens 29:853-9 (2016). PubMed: 26739189
- Rogers NM et al. Cellular, pharmacological, and biophysical evaluation of explanted lungs from a patient with sickle cell disease and severe pulmonary arterial hypertension. Pulm Circ 3:936-51 (2013). IHC . PubMed: 25006410