For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume you’re happy with this.
Inquiry: Greetings. I will be teaching a Molecular Biology laboratory class at XXXXX, Spring of 2013. This is a 5 credit class, app 16 students. We will be removing five organs from mice, extracting the RNA, DNA, and proteins from the organ tissue, and subjecting these macromolecules PCR, in vitro transcription, in vitro translation, and immunoblotting techniques. Which marker proteins and antibodies would you suggest for the following organ tissues: liver, brain, kidney, testes, ovary. for use for immunoblotting detection?
Asked on Nov 27 2012
Thank you for contacting Abcam.
I've compiled a list of primary antibodies that have been tested in mouse tissue via western blot. The only ovary-specific antibodies that I found were anti-human (with only 50% homology with the respective mouse protein), so the ovary antibody listed below is not exclusively-specific to ovary but also gives a positive signal in kidney, placenta, and small intestine:
1. Liver: anti-albumin ab135575 (https://www.abcam.com/albumin-antibody-c-terminal-ab135575.html)
2. Brain: anti-neuron specific beta III tubulin ab18207 (https://www.abcam.com/neuron-specific-beta-iii-tubulin-antibody-neuronal-marker-ab18207.html)
3. Kidney: anti-SLC14A2 ab95365 (https://www.abcam.com/slc14a2-antibody-ab95365.html)
4. Testis: anti-histone H2B ab23913 (https://www.abcam.com/histone-h2b-testis-specific-antibody-ab23913.html)
5. Ovary: anti-ENPP2 (also kidney, placenta, small intestine): ab77104 (https://www.abcam.com/enpp2-antibody-5h3-ab77104.html)
The advantage of this combination of antibodies is that you can use the same anti-rabbit secondary since they were all raised in a rabbit host. Our anti-rabbit secondary antibodies are listed in the link below:
I hope this information is helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any more advice or information.
Free Rabbit monoclonal antibody with any purchase of a primary antibody, while stocks last! Quote “RABMAB-XBSMG” in your next primary antibody order. For more information, visit the following link:
Answered on Nov 27 2012