Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3784] to ENTPD5
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-ENTPD5 antibody [EPR3784]
See all ENTPD5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3784] to ENTPD5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human ENTPD5 aa 300-400 (internal sequence). The exact sequence is proprietary.
(Peptide available as
- Fetal liver cell lysate; Human kidney tissue
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108603 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 47 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).Can be blocked with ENTPD5 peptide (ab190069).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Antigen retrieval is recommended.
FunctionUridine diphosphatase (UDPase) that promotes protein N-glycosylation and ATP level regulation. UDP hydrolysis promotes protein N-glycosylation and folding in the endoplasmic reticulum, as well as elevated ATP consumption in the cytosol via an ATP hydrolysis cycle. Together with CMPK1 and AK1, constitutes an ATP hydrolysis cycle that converts ATP to AMP and results in a compensatory increase in aerobic glycolysis. Also hydrolyzes GDP and IDP but not any other nucleoside di-, mono- or triphosphates, nor thiamine pyrophosphate. Plays a key role in the AKT1-PTEN signaling pathway by promoting glycolysis in proliferating cells in response to phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) signaling.
Tissue specificityExpressed in adult liver, kidney, prostate, testis and colon. Much weaker expression in other tissues.
PathwayProtein modification; protein glycosylation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GDA1/CD39 NTPase family.
modificationsN-glycosylated; high-mannose type.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen.
- Information by UniProt
- CD39 like 4 antibody
- AI196558 antibody
- AI987697 antibody
Anti-ENTPD5 antibody [EPR3784] (ab108603) at 1/1000 dilution + fetal liver cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
Observed band size: 47 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab108603, at 1/100 dilution, staining ENTPD5 in paraffin-embedded Human kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab108603 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wei J et al. ER-associated ubiquitin ligase HRD1 programs liver metabolism by targeting multiple metabolic enzymes. Nat Commun 9:3659 (2018). PubMed: 30201971
- Shah S et al. Targeting ACLY sensitizes castration-resistant prostate cancer cells to AR antagonism by impinging on an ACLY-AMPK-AR feedback mechanism. Oncotarget 7:43713-43730 (2016). PubMed: 27248322
- Walsh J et al. Identification and quantification of the basal and inducible Nrf2-dependent proteomes in mouse liver: biochemical, pharmacological and toxicological implications. J Proteomics 108:171-87 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24859727
- Curry NL et al. Pten-null tumors cohabiting the same lung display differential AKT activation and sensitivity to dietary restriction. Cancer Discov 3:908-21 (2013). WB, IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 23719831