Product nameEosin Y Solution (Alcoholic)
See all Counterstain reagents
Eosin Y Solution (Alcoholic) ab246823 is intended for use in the histological demonstration of cytoplasm and is commonly used as a counterstain for Hematoxylin. When used correctly, various shades of pink can be obtained to aid in visualization of tissue components. Erythrocytes, collagen, and the cytoplasm of muscle or epithelial cells will stain with different shades of pink.
Cytoplasm: Pink to Red.
Erythrocytes Pink to Red.
Nuclei: Black/Blue (Hematoxylin).
Control Tissue: Any fixed or frozen tissue. Cell smear.
1. Deparaffinize sections if necessary and hydrate to distilled water.
2. If sections are Zenker-fixed, remove mercuric chloride crystals using iodine and clear with sodium thiosulfate. Rinse in running tap water.
3. Rinse slide in distilled water.
4. Stain slide in Hematoxylin, Mayer's for 5 minutes.
5. Rinse slide in running tap water for 2-3 minutes.
6. Apply Bluing Reagent for 30 seconds.
7. Rinse in distilled water.
8. Stain slide in Eosin Y Solution for 1-3 minutes.
9. Rinse quickly in 95% alcohol followed by 2 minutes in absolute alcohol.
10. Clear, and mount in synthetic resin.
Other products for staining tissue sections
Find more kits and reagents in the special stains guide, or products for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Storage instructionsShipped at Room Temperature. Store at Room Temperature.
Storage bufferpH: 3
Constituents: 80% Ethanol, 3.8% Isopropanol, 1% Acetic acid, 0.25% Eosin Y
Concentration information loading...
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab246823 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.