Product nameEosin Y Solution (Modified Alcoholic)
See all Counterstain reagents
Eosin Y Solution (Modified Alcoholic) ab246824 is intended for use in histology and cytology applications. This newly formulated Eosin provides the benefits of a traditional alcoholic formula with significant improvements in usability. Advantages include lower evaporation rate, better color patterns, reduced tendency to spill over container, hands, and countertops, and improved surface tension to remain on tissue section.
Cytoplasm: Light Pink
Control Tissue: Any well fixed paraffin embedded or frozen tissue section. Cell smear.
1. Deparaffinize sections if necessary and hydrate to distilled water.
2. Dip slide in absolute alcohol and blot excess off.
3. Apply adequate Eosin Y Solution (Modified Alcoholic) to completely cover tissue section to excess and incubate for 2-3 minutes.
4. Rinse slide using absolute alcohol.
5. Dehydrate slide in 3 changes of absolute alcohol.
6. Clear slide and mount in synthetic resin.
Other products for staining tissue sections
This Eosin Y solution is also available in H&E staining kit ab245880.
Find more kits and reagents in the special stains guide, or products for antigen retrieval, blocking, signal amplification, visualization, counterstaining, and mounting in the IHC kits and reagents guide.
Storage instructionsShipped at Room Temperature. Store at Room Temperature.
Storage bufferConstituents: 65% Ethanol, 3.8% Isopropanol, 1% Acetic acid, 0.25% Eosin Y
Concentration information loading...
ab246824 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.