Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [RCR-252] to EPCR/CD201
- Suitable for: Inhibition Assay, Flow Cyt, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-EPCR/CD201 antibody [RCR-252]
See all EPCR/CD201 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [RCR-252] to EPCR/CD201
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Inhibition Assay, Flow Cyt, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tail base Human EPCR/CD201-positive RE-1 cells
EpitopeAntibody RCR-252 stains the extracellular domain of human EPCR.
- RE-1 (rat 3Y1 fibroblasts stably transfected with human EPCR).
Ablates APC binding to EPCR/CD201 thus blocking APC-mediated signalling.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notes0.2µM filtered
Primary antibody notesAblates APC binding to EPCR/CD201 thus blocking APC-mediated signalling.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81712 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Inhibition Assay||Use a concentration of 10 - 25 µg/ml. Antibody RCR-252 functions as blocking antbody. It ablates APC binding to EPCR and blocks APC-mediated signaling.|
ab18407 - Rat monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/50. Use under non reducing condition.|
FunctionBinds activated protein C. Enhances protein C activation by the thrombin-thrombomodulin complex; plays a role in the protein C pathway controlling blood coagulation.
Tissue specificityExpressed strongly in the endothelial cells of arteries and veins in heart and lung, less intensely in capillaries in the lung and skin, and not at all in the endothelium of small vessels of the liver and kidney.
A soluble form exists; probably released by a metalloprotease. Seems to have the same activity as the membrane-bound form.
- Information by UniProt
- Activated protein C receptor antibody
- APC receptor antibody
- APCR antibody
ab81712 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Healy LD et al. Activated protein C inhibits neutrophil extracellular trap formation in vitro and activation in vivo. J Biol Chem 292:8616-8629 (2017). PubMed: 28408624
- Dömötör E et al. Activated protein C alters cytosolic calcium flux in human brain endothelium via binding to endothelial protein C receptor and activation of protease activated receptor-1. Blood 101:4797-801 (2003). Inhibition Assay ; Human . PubMed: 12586611
- Sturn DH et al. Expression and function of the endothelial protein C receptor in human neutrophils. Blood 102:1499-505 (2003). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 12714492