Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1147Y] to EPS15R
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-EPS15R antibody [EP1147Y]
See all EPS15R primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1147Y] to EPS15R
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human EPS15R aa 800-900 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa cell membrane or nuclear cell lysate Human breast carcinoma tissue
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53006 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 125 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 94 kDa).|
|ICC||1/50 - 1/100.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionSeems to be a constitutive component of clathrin-coated pits that is required for receptor-mediated endocytosis. Involved in endocytosis of integrin beta-1 (ITGB1) and transferrin receptor (TFR); internalization of ITGB1 as DAB2-dependent cargo but not TFR seems to require association with DAB2.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 EF-hand domain.
Contains 3 EH domains.
modificationsPhosphorylated on tyrosine residues by EGFR.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Nucleus. Membrane > coated pit. Localized to plasma membrane coated pits.
- Information by UniProt
- EP15R_HUMAN antibody
- epidermal growth factor receptor pathway substrate 15- ike 1 antibody
- Epidermal growth factor receptor substrate 15 like 1 antibody
Anti-EPS15R antibody [EP1147Y] (ab53006) at 1/50000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
goat anti-rabbit HRP labelled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 94 kDa
Observed band size: 125 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab53006, at a 1/50 dilution, staining Human EPS15R in Breast Carcinoma, using Immunohistochemsitry, Paraffin embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab53006 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Traub LM A nanobody-based molecular toolkit provides new mechanistic insight into clathrin-coat initiation. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31038455
- Evergren E et al. Eps15R and clathrin regulate EphB2-mediated cell repulsion. Traffic 19:44-57 (2018). PubMed: 28972287
- Liu Z & Zheng Y A requirement for epsin in mitotic membrane and spindle organization. J Cell Biol 186:473-80 (2009). PubMed: 19704019
- Chen C & Zhuang X Epsin 1 is a cargo-specific adaptor for the clathrin-mediated endocytosis of the influenza virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:11790-5 (2008). PubMed: 18689690