Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [CB11] to ErbB 2
- Suitable for: IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-ErbB 2 antibody [CB11]
See all ErbB 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [CB11] to ErbB 2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-FoFr, IHC-Fr, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a site on the internal domain of the C-erbB-2 oncoprotein.
- Adenocarcinoma of the breast
C-erbB-2 oncogene codes for a membrane protein, Neu protein. In several studies the amplification of C-erbB-2 oncogene in carcinomas has been reported. Overexpression of the Neu oncogene protein can be demonstrated by this antibody.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Primary antibody notesC-erbB-2 oncogene codes for a membrane protein, Neu protein. In several studies the amplification of C-erbB-2 oncogene in carcinomas has been reported. Overexpression of the Neu oncogene protein can be demonstrated by this antibody.
Light chain typeunknown
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8054 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Fix with acetone, 10 minutes at room temperature.|
|IHC-P||1/5 - 1/10.|
FunctionProtein tyrosine kinase that is part of several cell surface receptor complexes, but that apparently needs a coreceptor for ligand binding. Essential component of a neuregulin-receptor complex, although neuregulins do not interact with it alone. GP30 is a potential ligand for this receptor. Regulates outgrowth and stabilization of peripheral microtubules (MTs). Upon ERBB2 activation, the MEMO1-RHOA-DIAPH1 signaling pathway elicits the phosphorylation and thus the inhibition of GSK3B at cell membrane. This prevents the phosphorylation of APC and CLASP2, allowing its association with the cell membrane. In turn, membrane-bound APC allows the localization of MACF1 to the cell membrane, which is required for microtubule capture and stabilization.
In the nucleus is involved in transcriptional regulation. Associates with the 5'-TCAAATTC-3' sequence in the PTGS2/COX-2 promoter and activates its transcription. Implicated in transcriptional activation of CDKN1A; the function involves STAT3 and SRC. Involved in the transcription of rRNA genes by RNA Pol I and enhances protein synthesis and cell growth.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tumor tissues including primary breast tumors and tumors from small bowel, esophagus, kidney and mouth.
Involvement in diseaseHereditary diffuse gastric cancer
Chromosomal aberrations involving ERBB2 may be a cause gastric cancer. Deletions within 17q12 region producing fusion transcripts with CDK12, leading to CDK12-ERBB2 fusion leading to truncated CDK12 protein not in-frame with ERBB2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated. Autophosphorylation occurs in trans, i.e. one subunit of the dimeric receptor phosphorylates tyrosine residues on the other subunit (Probable). Ligand-binding increases phosphorylation on tyrosine residues (PubMed:27134172). Signaling via SEMA4C promotes phosphorylation at Tyr-1248 (PubMed:17554007). Dephosphorylated by PTPN12 (PubMed:27134172).
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus and Cell membrane. Cytoplasm, perinuclear region. Nucleus. Translocation to the nucleus requires endocytosis, probably endosomal sorting and is mediated by importin beta-1/KPNB1.
- Information by UniProt
- Verb b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog antibody
- C erb B2/neu protein antibody
- CD340 antibody
ab8054 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Noyan S et al. Involvement of miR-770-5p in trastuzumab response in HER2 positive breast cancer cells. PLoS One 14:e0215894 (2019). PubMed: 31009516
- Mieszkowska M et al. Tetraspanin CD151 impairs heterodimerization of ErbB2/ErbB3 in breast cancer cells. Transl Res 207:44-55 (2019). PubMed: 30639369
- Bai L et al. SUVmax of 18F-FDG PET/CT correlates to expression of major chemotherapy-related tumor markers and serum tumor markers in gastric adenocarcinoma patients. Oncol Rep 37:3433-3440 (2017). PubMed: 28498457
- Baiocchi GL et al. Recurrence in node-negative advanced gastric cancer: Novel findings from an in-depth pathological analysis of prognostic factors from a multicentric series. World J Gastroenterol 23:8000-8007 (2017). PubMed: 29259375
- Liu W et al. ERBB2 Overexpression Establishes ERBB3-Dependent Hypersensitivity of Breast Cancer Cells to Withaferin A. Mol Cancer Ther 15:2750-2757 (2016). PubMed: 27474152