Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [SP3] to ErbB2 / HER2, prediluted
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-ErbB2 / HER2 antibody [SP3], prediluted
See all ErbB2 / HER2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [SP3] to ErbB2 / HER2, prediluted
Specificityab27597 recognises c-erbB2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein within Human ErbB2/ HER2 aa 500-650. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P04626
- Breast carcinomas
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27597 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/1. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Ready to use for 10 minutes at room temperature. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues is required by boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 minutes followed by cooling at room temperature for 20 minutes.
FunctionProtein tyrosine kinase that is part of several cell surface receptor complexes, but that apparently needs a coreceptor for ligand binding. Essential component of a neuregulin-receptor complex, although neuregulins do not interact with it alone. GP30 is a potential ligand for this receptor. Regulates outgrowth and stabilization of peripheral microtubules (MTs). Upon ERBB2 activation, the MEMO1-RHOA-DIAPH1 signaling pathway elicits the phosphorylation and thus the inhibition of GSK3B at cell membrane. This prevents the phosphorylation of APC and CLASP2, allowing its association with the cell membrane. In turn, membrane-bound APC allows the localization of MACF1 to the cell membrane, which is required for microtubule capture and stabilization.
In the nucleus is involved in transcriptional regulation. Associates with the 5'-TCAAATTC-3' sequence in the PTGS2/COX-2 promoter and activates its transcription. Implicated in transcriptional activation of CDKN1A; the function involves STAT3 and SRC. Involved in the transcription of rRNA genes by RNA Pol I and enhances protein synthesis and cell growth.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tumor tissues including primary breast tumors and tumors from small bowel, esophagus, kidney and mouth.
Involvement in diseaseHereditary diffuse gastric cancer
Chromosomal aberrations involving ERBB2 may be a cause gastric cancer. Deletions within 17q12 region producing fusion transcripts with CDK12, leading to CDK12-ERBB2 fusion leading to truncated CDK12 protein not in-frame with ERBB2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated. Autophosphorylation occurs in trans, i.e. one subunit of the dimeric receptor phosphorylates tyrosine residues on the other subunit (Probable). Ligand-binding increases phosphorylation on tyrosine residues (PubMed:27134172). Signaling via SEMA4C promotes phosphorylation at Tyr-1248 (PubMed:17554007). Dephosphorylated by PTPN12 (PubMed:27134172).
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus and Cell membrane. Cytoplasm, perinuclear region. Nucleus. Translocation to the nucleus requires endocytosis, probably endosomal sorting and is mediated by importin beta-1/KPNB1.
- Information by UniProt
- Verb b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog antibody
- C erb B2/neu protein antibody
- CD340 antibody
ab27597 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Tian M & Schiemann WP TGF-ß Stimulation of EMT Programs Elicits Non-genomic ER-a Activity and Anti-estrogen Resistance in Breast Cancer Cells. J Cancer Metastasis Treat 3:150-160 (2017). PubMed: 28955730
- Park SY et al. Does background parenchymal enhancement on MRI affect the rate of positive resection margin in breast cancer patients? Br J Radiol 88:20140638 (2015). PubMed: 25429418
- Zou A et al. Elevated CXCL1 expression in breast cancer stroma predicts poor prognosis and is inversely associated with expression of TGF-ß signaling proteins. BMC Cancer 14:781 (2014). IF ; Human . PubMed: 25344051
- Ng YZ et al. Fibroblast-derived dermal matrix drives development of aggressive cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma in patients with recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa. Cancer Res 72:3522-34 (2012). PubMed: 22564523
- Amatangelo MD et al. c-Myc expression and MEK1-induced Erk2 nuclear localization are required for TGF-beta induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition and invasion in prostate cancer. Carcinogenesis 33:1965-75 (2012). PubMed: 22791812