Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ErbB2 / HER2 (phospho Y877)
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ErbB2 / HER2 (phospho Y877) antibody
See all ErbB2 / HER2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ErbB2 / HER2 (phospho Y877)
Detects endogenous levels of ErbB2 / HER2, only when phosphorylated at Tyrosine 877.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human ErbB2/ HER2.
- IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue; Mouse placenta tissue. WB: HepG2 and HeLa cell lysates; GGF-treated Rat Schwann cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47262 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 138 kDa.|
FunctionProtein tyrosine kinase that is part of several cell surface receptor complexes, but that apparently needs a coreceptor for ligand binding. Essential component of a neuregulin-receptor complex, although neuregulins do not interact with it alone. GP30 is a potential ligand for this receptor. Regulates outgrowth and stabilization of peripheral microtubules (MTs). Upon ERBB2 activation, the MEMO1-RHOA-DIAPH1 signaling pathway elicits the phosphorylation and thus the inhibition of GSK3B at cell membrane. This prevents the phosphorylation of APC and CLASP2, allowing its association with the cell membrane. In turn, membrane-bound APC allows the localization of MACF1 to the cell membrane, which is required for microtubule capture and stabilization.
In the nucleus is involved in transcriptional regulation. Associates with the 5'-TCAAATTC-3' sequence in the PTGS2/COX-2 promoter and activates its transcription. Implicated in transcriptional activation of CDKN1A; the function involves STAT3 and SRC. Involved in the transcription of rRNA genes by RNA Pol I and enhances protein synthesis and cell growth.
Tissue specificityExpressed in a variety of tumor tissues including primary breast tumors and tumors from small bowel, esophagus, kidney and mouth.
Involvement in diseaseHereditary diffuse gastric cancer
Chromosomal aberrations involving ERBB2 may be a cause gastric cancer. Deletions within 17q12 region producing fusion transcripts with CDK12, leading to CDK12-ERBB2 fusion leading to truncated CDK12 protein not in-frame with ERBB2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated. Autophosphorylation occurs in trans, i.e. one subunit of the dimeric receptor phosphorylates tyrosine residues on the other subunit (Probable). Ligand-binding increases phosphorylation on tyrosine residues (PubMed:27134172). Signaling via SEMA4C promotes phosphorylation at Tyr-1248 (PubMed:17554007). Dephosphorylated by PTPN12 (PubMed:27134172).
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus and Cell membrane. Cytoplasm, perinuclear region. Nucleus. Translocation to the nucleus requires endocytosis, probably endosomal sorting and is mediated by importin beta-1/KPNB1.
- Information by UniProt
- Verb b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, neuro/glioblastoma derived oncogene homolog antibody
- C erb B2/neu protein antibody
- CD340 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ErbB2 / HER2 (phospho Y877) antibody (ab47262) (Anti-ErbB2 / HER2 (phospho Y877) antibody)
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 cell lysate (blocked with the phospho peptide)
Predicted band size: 138 kDa
Western blot analysis of HepG2 and HeLa cell lysate using Anti-ErbB2 / HER2 (phospho Y877) antibody (ab47262).
Staining of phosphorilated ErB 2 on breast carcinoma tissue sections using ab47262 at a 1/50 dilution. Right panel: the antibody was pre-incubated with synthesized phosphopeptide.
IHC image of Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor staining in Mouse Placenta formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond™ system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab47262, 1 µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
Western blot analysis of HeLa cell lysate using Anti-ErbB2 (phospho Y877) antibody (ab47262) at 1/500 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-ErbB2 / HER2 (phospho Y877) antibody (ab47262) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Schwann cell extract untreated
Lane 2 : Schwann cell extract treated with 10 ng/ml GGF for 30 minutes.
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 138 kDa
Observed band size: 200 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
Lanes on the left hand side show phosphorylation of ErbB2 at tyrosine 877 (ab47262) in rat Schwann cells upon incubation with 10 ng/ml GGF for 30 minutes (lane 2).
Incubation with 10 ng/ml GGF for 30 minutes does not change the amount of total ErbB2 in rat Schwann cells (as shown on right hand side lanes).
ab47262 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Sun Y et al. Angiotensin II inhibits apoptosis of mouse aortic smooth muscle cells through regulating the circNRG-1/miR-193b-5p/NRG-1 axis. Cell Death Dis 10:362 (2019). PubMed: 31043588
- Yin Y et al. Tongxinluo Attenuates Myocardiac Fibrosis after Acute Myocardial Infarction in Rats via Inhibition of Endothelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition. Biomed Res Int 2019:6595437 (2019). PubMed: 31317035
- Zhang XX et al. GPAA1 promotes gastric cancer progression via upregulation of GPI-anchored protein and enhancement of ERBB signalling pathway. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:214 (2019). PubMed: 31118109
- Wang J et al. Qiliqiangxin protects against anoxic injury in cardiac microvascular endothelial cells via NRG-1/ErbB-PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway. J Cell Mol Med 21:1905-1914 (2017). PubMed: 28271613
- Mancini ML et al. Oncogenic AKT1(E17K) mutation induces mammary hyperplasia but prevents HER2-driven tumorigenesis. Oncotarget 7:17301-13 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 27004402
- Sanabria-Figueroa E et al. Insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor signaling increases the invasive potential of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2-overexpressing breast cancer cells via Src-focal adhesion kinase and forkhead box protein M1. Mol Pharmacol 87:150-61 (2015). PubMed: 25391374
- Monsey J et al. Her4 and Her2/neu Tyrosine Kinase Domains Dimerize and Activate in a Reconstituted in Vitro System. J Biol Chem 285:7035-44 (2010). WB . PubMed: 20022944
- Houshmandi SS et al. The neurofibromatosis 2 protein, merlin, regulates glial cell growth in an ErbB2- and Src-dependent manner. Mol Cell Biol 29:1472-86 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19103750