Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2325] to ErbB3 / HER3 (phospho Y1289)
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-ErbB3 / HER3 (phospho Y1289) antibody [EPR2325]
See all ErbB3 / HER3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2325] to ErbB3 / HER3 (phospho Y1289)
Specificityab76469 only detects ErbB 3 phosphorylated on Tyrosine 1289.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
corresponding to Human ErbB3/ HER3. A phospho-specific peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyrosine 1289 of Human ErbB3/ HER3
- SKBR3 cell lysate treated with Neuregulin. MCF7 cells.
Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with this species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76469 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2500 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 185 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 148 kDa).|
FunctionBinds and is activated by neuregulins and NTAK.
Tissue specificityEpithelial tissues and brain.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ERBB3 are the cause of lethal congenital contracture syndrome type 2 (LCCS2) [MIM:607598]; also called Israeli Bedouin multiple contracture syndrome type A. LCCS2 is an autosomal recessive neurogenic form of a neonatally lethal arthrogryposis that is associated with atrophy of the anterior horn of the spinal cord. The LCCS2 syndrome is characterized by multiple joint contractures, anterior horn atrophy in the spinal cord, and a unique feature of a markedly distended urinary bladder. The phenotype suggests a spinal cord neuropathic etiology.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Developmental stageOverexpressed in a subset of human mammary tumors.
DomainThe cytoplasmic part of the receptor may interact with the SH2 or SH3 domains of many signal-transducing proteins.
modificationsLigand-binding increases phosphorylation on tyrosine residues and promotes its association with the p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- c erbB 3 antibody
- c erbB3 antibody
- Erb b2 receptor tyrosine kinase 3 antibody
Immunofluorescent staining of MCF7 cells using ab76469 at 1/100 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-ErbB3 / HER3 (phospho Y1289) antibody [EPR2325] (ab76469) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : SKBR3 cell lysate untreated
Lane 2 : SKBR3 cell lysate treated with Neuregulin
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 148 kDa
Observed band size: 185 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab76469 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Jacobi N et al. Organotypic three-dimensional cancer cell cultures mirror drug responsesin vivo: lessons learned from the inhibition of EGFR signaling. Oncotarget 8:107423-107440 (2017). PubMed: 29296175
- Humtsoe JO et al. ErbB3 upregulation by the HNSCC 3D microenvironment modulates cell survival and growth. Oncogene 35:1554-64 (2016). PubMed: 26073080
- Sollome JJ et al. HER2/HER3 regulates extracellular acidification and cell migration through MTK1 (MEKK4). Cell Signal 26:70-82 (2013). Human . PubMed: 24036211
- Munk M et al. Hypoxia changes the expression of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) system in human hearts and cultured cardiomyocytes. PLoS One 7:e40243 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22792252