Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR7277] to ERCC1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
Product nameAnti-ERCC1 antibody [EPR7277]
See all ERCC1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR7277] to ERCC1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human ERCC1 aa 1-200. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P07992
- Human lung carcinoma tissue; HeLa, HepG2 and SKBR-3 cell lysates. HepG2 cells.
Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab129267 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionStructure-specific DNA repair endonuclease responsible for the 5'-incision during DNA repair.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ERCC1 are the cause of cerebro-oculo-facio-skeletal syndrome type 4 (COFS4) [MIM:610758]. COFS is a degenerative autosomal recessive disorder of prenatal onset affecting the brain, eye and spinal cord. After birth, it leads to brain atrophy, hypoplasia of the corpus callosum, hypotonia, cataracts, microcornea, optic atrophy, progressive joint contractures and growth failure. Facial dysmorphism is a constant feature. Abnormalities of the skull, eyes, limbs, heart and kidney also occur.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ERCC1/RAD10/SWI10 family.
- Information by UniProt
- COFS 4 antibody
- COFS4 antibody
- DNA excision repair protein ERCC 1 antibody
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma tissue stained for ERCC1 with ab129267 (1/100 dilution) in immunohistochemical analysis.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab129267, at 1/100 dilution, staining ERCC1 in HepG2 cells by Immunofluorescence.
All lanes : Anti-ERCC1 antibody [EPR7277] (ab129267) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 3 : SKBR-3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-rabbit HRP
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Observed band size: 36 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Flow Cytometry analysis of HepG2 (human hepatocellular carcinoma) cells labeling ERCC1 with purified ab129267 at 1/80 dilution (10ug/ml) (red). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilised with 90% methanol. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488)(1/2000 dilution) was used as the secondary antibody. Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black) was used as the isotype control, cells without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue) were used as the unlabeled control.
ab129267 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Sabatella M et al. ERCC1-XPF targeting to psoralen-DNA crosslinks depends on XPA and FANCD2. Cell Mol Life Sci N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31392348
- Brown KM et al. Using patient-derived xenograft models of colorectal liver metastases to predict chemosensitivity. J Surg Res 227:158-167 (2018). PubMed: 29804848
- Anurag M et al. Comprehensive Profiling of DNA Repair Defects in Breast Cancer Identifies a Novel Class of Endocrine Therapy Resistance Drivers. Clin Cancer Res 24:4887-4899 (2018). PubMed: 29793947
- Sabatella M et al. Repair protein persistence at DNA lesions characterizes XPF defect with Cockayne syndrome features. Nucleic Acids Res 46:9563-9577 (2018). PubMed: 30165384
- Lin XJ et al. hsa-miR-485-5p reverses epithelial to mesenchymal transition and promotes cisplatin-induced cell death by targeting PAK1 in oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Mol Med 40:83-89 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28535002
- Han J et al. BRCA2 antagonizes classical and alternative nonhomologous end-joining to prevent gross genomic instability. Nat Commun 8:1470 (2017). PubMed: 29133916
- Jokic M et al. Ercc1 Deficiency Promotes Tumorigenesis and Increases Cisplatin Sensitivity in a Tp53 Context-Specific Manner. Mol Cancer Res 14:1110-1123 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27514406
- Xu S et al. DNA damage responsive miR-33b-3p promoted lung cancer cells survival and cisplatin resistance by targeting p21WAF1/CIP1. Cell Cycle 15:2920-2930 (2016). PubMed: 27559850
- Bonneau C et al. Predictive markers of chemoresistance in advanced stages epithelial ovarian carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol 136:112-20 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25449309
- Muallem MZ et al. ERCC1 expression as a predictor of resistance to platinum-based chemotherapy in primary ovarian cancer. Anticancer Res 34:393-9 (2014). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 24403493