Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR17526] to ERK1 + ERK2 (HRP)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Conjugation: HRP
Product nameAnti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [EPR17526] (HRP)
See all ERK1 + ERK2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR17526] to ERK1 + ERK2 (HRP)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment within Human ERK1 + ERK2 aa 150 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P28482
- WB: HeLa, HepG2, RAW 264.7, NIH 3T3, C6 and PC12 whole cell and Human Fetal Heart tissue lysates. Also ERK1 Recombinant Protein and ERK2 Recombinant Protein (data not shown).
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% 10% Proclin 300 Solution
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [EPR17526] (ab184699)
- Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [EPR17526] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab208564)
- Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [EPR17526] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab208881)
- Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [EPR17526] (Alexa Fluor® 405) (ab210044)
- Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [EPR17526] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab210460)
- Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [EPR17526] (Alexa Fluor® 555) (ab210659)
- Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [EPR17526] (PE) (ab212153)
- Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [EPR17526] - BSA and Azide free (ab218017)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab209321 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 41, 39 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43, 41 kDa).|
FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Information by UniProt
- ERK 1 antibody
- ERK 2 antibody
- ERK-1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 antibody [EPR17526] (HRP) (ab209321) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : RAW 264.7 (Mouse leukaemic monocyte macrophage cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 5 : C6 (Rat glioma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : PC12 (Rat adrenal pheochromocytoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 7 : Heart (Human) Tissue Lysate - fetal normal tissue
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 43, 41 kDa
Observed band size: 39,41 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 30 seconds
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 2% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab209321 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
ab209321 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.