Product nameAnti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T202 + Y204) antibody
See all ERK1 + ERK2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T202 + Y204)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide within Human ERK1 + ERK2 aa 196-210 (phospho T202 + Y204) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P27361
- Human colon carcinoma lysate; Human liver tissue and lung carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab214362 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
When using a fluorescent probe the recommended dilution is 1/50 – 1/200.
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 44 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Information by UniProt
- ERK 1 antibody
- ERK 2 antibody
- ERK-1 antibody
Anti-ERK1 + ERK2 (phospho T202 + Y204) antibody (ab214362) at 1/200 dilution + Human colon carcinoma lysate
Goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L), HRP at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Observed band size: 44 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human liver tissue labeling ERK 1/2 (phospho-Thr202/Tyr204) with ab214362 at 1/200 dilution followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human lung carcinoma tissue labeling ERK 1/2 (phospho-Thr202/Tyr204) with ab214362 at 1/200 dilution followed by Goat anti-rabbit IgG, Cy3 conjugated at 1/200 dilution for 40 minutes at 37°C . Nuclei are stained with DAPI.
ab214362 has been referenced in 53 publications.
- Fan L et al. Sevoflurane inhibits the migration and invasion of colorectal cancer cells through regulating ERK/MMP-9 pathway by up-regulating miR-203. Eur J Pharmacol 850:43-52 (2019). PubMed: 30685432
- Shi Q et al. Ginsenoside Rg1 protects human retinal pigment epithelial ARPE-19 cells from toxicity of high glucose by up-regulation of miR-26a. Life Sci 221:152-158 (2019). PubMed: 30763577
- Wang M et al. miR-302a inhibits human HepG2 and SMMC-7721 cells proliferation and promotes apoptosis by targeting MAP3K2 and PBX3. Sci Rep 9:2032 (2019). PubMed: 30765768
- Cheng Z & Xing D Ginsenoside Rg3 inhibits growth and epithelial-mesenchymal transition of human oral squamous carcinoma cells by down-regulating miR-221. Eur J Pharmacol 853:353-363 (2019). PubMed: 30928631
- Tong Y et al. LncRNA HOXA-AS3 Sponges miR-29c to Facilitate Cell Proliferation, Metastasis, and EMT Process and Activate the MEK/ERK Signaling Pathway in Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Hum Gene Ther Clin Dev N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30963785