Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ERK1 (phospho Y204)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ERK1 (phospho Y204) antibody
See all ERK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ERK1 (phospho Y204)
Specificityab131438 detects endogenous levels of ERK1 only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 204.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- 293 cell extract untreated or treated with UV; HeLa cells; Human breast carcinoma tissue
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.88% Sodium chloride
PBS without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab131438 was purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. Non-phospho specific antibodies were removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131438 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK-1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-202 and Tyr-204, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-204.
- Information by UniProt
- ERK 1 antibody
- ERK-1 antibody
- ERK1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ERK1 (phospho Y204) antibody (ab131438) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : 293 cell extract untreated
Lane 2 : 293 cell extract treated with UV
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue labelling ERK1 (phospho Y204) with ab131438 at 1/50 dilution. Right panel was preincubated with blocking peptide.
Immunofluorescent analysis of methanol-fixed HeLa cells labelling ERK1 (phospho Y204) with ab131438 at 1/100 dilution.
ab131438 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Lin Y et al. USP22 promotes proliferation in renal cell carcinoma by stabilizing survivin. Oncol Lett 20:246 (2020). PubMed: 32973959
- Gao G et al. Sinomenine restrains breast cancer cells proliferation, migration and invasion via modulation of miR-29/PDCD-4 axis. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:3839-3846 (2019). PubMed: 31556312
- Song A et al. Long noncoding RNA Alu-mediated p21 transcriptional regulator promotes proliferation, migration, and pipe-formation of human microvascular endothelial cells by sponging miR-126. J Cell Biochem 120:19858-19867 (2019). PubMed: 31310378
- Chu H et al. MicroRNA-206 promotes lipopolysaccharide-induced inflammation injury via regulation of IRAK1 in MRC-5 cells. Int Immunopharmacol 73:590-598 (2019). PubMed: 31279225
- Du J et al. Silence of LncRNA GAS5 Protects Cardiomyocytes H9c2 against Hypoxic Injury via Sponging miR-142-5p. Mol Cells 42:397-405 (2019). PubMed: 31085811