Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 0.6 ng/ml
- Range: 0.6 ng/ml - 60 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell Lysate, Tissue Homogenate
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Semi-quantitative
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
Product nameERK1/2 ELISA Kit
See all ERK1 + ERK2 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A431 extract 6 3% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% A431 extract 3 4.9%
Sample typeCell Lysate, Tissue Homogenate
Range0.6 ng/ml - 60 ng/ml
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Abcam’s ERK1/2 in vitro SimpleStep ELISA™ (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of ERK1/2 protein in Human and mouse cells.
The SimpleStep ELISA™ employs an affinity tag labeled capture antibody and a reporter conjugated detector antibody which immunocapture the sample analyte in solution. This entire complex (capture antibody/analyte/detector antibody) is in turn immobilized via immunoaffinity of an anti-tag antibody coating the well. To perform the assay, samples or standards are added to the wells, followed by the antibody mix. After incubation, the wells are washed to remove unbound material. TMB substrate is added and during incubation is catalyzed by HRP, generating blue coloration. This reaction is then stopped by addition of Stop Solution completing any color change from blue to yellow. Signal is generated proportionally to the amount of bound analyte and the intensity is measured at 450 nm. Optionally, instead of the endpoint reading, development of TMB can be recorded kinetically at 600 nm.
As of October 2019, this kit was reformulated with new antibodies to maintain continued long term supply.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests ERK1/2 (Total) Capture Antibody 1 x 3ml ERK1/2 (Total) Detector Antibody 1 x 3ml 10X Wash Buffer PT 1 x 15ml 50X Cell Extraction Enhancer Solution 1 x 1ml 5X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR 1 x 10ml Lyophilized ERK1/2 Control Lysate 1 vial Plate Seal 1 unit SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Substrate 1 x 12ml
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Information by UniProt
- ERK 1
- ERK 2
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
Example of a typical ERK1/2 cell lysate dilution series. Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
Example of a typical ERK1/2 recombinant protein standard curve. Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
Linearity of dilution in representative sample matrices. Cellular lysates were prepared at 3 concentrations in common media containing 1X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR. Data from duplicate measurements of ERK1/2 (Total) are normalized and plotted.
Cell line analysis for Total ERK1/2 from 100 µg/mL preparations of cell extracts. Data from triplicate measurements (mean +/- SD) are plotted and compared to 1X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR (zero).
Induction of ERK1/2 (pT202/Y204) phosphorylation in MCF-7 cells in response to EGF treatment. MCF-7 cells were cultured in 96-well tissue culture plates, serum starved and treated (10 min) with a dose-range of EGF before cell lysis. Data from quadruplicate measurements of ERK1/2 (pT202/Y204) are plotted and compared against Total ERK1/2 protein levels. Comparative ERK1/2 (pT202/Y204) and ERK1/2 (Total) data also shown by Western Blot.
ab176641 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Yang CF et al. Bisphenol a Exposure, DNA Methylation, and Asthma in Children. Int J Environ Res Public Health 17:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31906378
- Duan R et al. The Long Noncoding RNA ZFAS1 Potentiates the Development of Hepatocellular Carcinoma via the microRNA-624/MDK/ERK/JNK/P38 Signaling Pathway. Onco Targets Ther 13:4431-4444 (2020). PubMed: 32547074
- Chen X et al. Evodiamine alleviates severe pneumonia induced by methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus following cytomegalovirus reactivation through suppressing NF-?B and MAPKs. Int J Mol Med 42:3247-3255 (2018). PubMed: 30320369
- Schaefer TL et al. Acamprosate in a mouse model of fragile X syndrome: modulation of spontaneous cortical activity, ERK1/2 activation, locomotor behavior, and anxiety. J Neurodev Disord 9:6 (2017). ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 28616095
- Wattanathorn J et al. Anticataractogenesis and Antiretinopathy Effects of the Novel Protective Agent Containing the Combined Extract of Mango and Vietnamese Coriander in STZ-Diabetic Rats. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2017:5290161 (2017). PubMed: 28904737
- Sager HB et al. Proliferation and Recruitment Contribute to Myocardial Macrophage Expansion in Chronic Heart Failure. Circ Res 119:853-64 (2016). Sandwich ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 27444755