Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ERK2
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ERK2 antibody
See all ERK2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ERK2
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species IHC-PHuman
Synthetic peptide within Human ERK2 aa 300 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P63085
- A431 cells, Breast carcinoma
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15282 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionInvolved in both the initiation and regulation of meiosis, mitosis, and postmitotic functions in differentiated cells by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors such as ELK1. Phosphorylates EIF4EBP1; required for initiation of translation. Phosphorylates microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP2). Phosphorylates SPZ1 (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4) and ARHGEF2.
Acts as a transcriptional repressor. Binds to a [GC]AAA[GC] consensus sequence. Repress the expression of interferon gamma-induced genes. Seems to bind to the promoter of CCL5, DMP1, IFIH1, IFITM1, IRF7, IRF9, LAMP3, OAS1, OAS2, OAS3 and STAT1. Transcriptional activity is independent of kinase activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-185 and Tyr-187, which activates the enzyme. Dephosphorylated by PTPRJ at Tyr-187.
- Information by UniProt
- ERK 2 antibody
- ERK-2 antibody
- ERT1 antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab15282 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Hamon A et al. Linking YAP to Müller Glia Quiescence Exit in the Degenerative Retina. Cell Rep 27:1712-1725.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31067458
- Zhou Y et al. Rb is required for retinal angiogenesis and lamination. Cell Death Dis 9:370 (2018). PubMed: 29511172
- Fu Y et al. Functional ectopic neuritogenesis by retinal rod bipolar cells is regulated by miR-125b-5p during retinal remodeling in RCS rats. Sci Rep 7:1011 (2017). PubMed: 28432360
- Zalis MC et al. Immunocytochemical Profiling of Cultured Mouse Primary Retinal Cells. J Histochem Cytochem 65:223-239 (2017). PubMed: 28151698
- Ouk K et al. Attenuated pupillary light responses and downregulation of opsin expression parallel decline in circadian disruption in two different mouse models of Huntington's disease. Hum Mol Genet 25:N/A (2016). PubMed: 28031289
- Neuillé M et al. LRIT3 is essential to localize TRPM1 to the dendritic tips of depolarizing bipolar cells and may play a role in cone synapse formation. Eur J Neurosci 42:1966-75 (2015). PubMed: 25997951