Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ERp57
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ERp57 antibody
See all ERp57 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ERp57
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Cat, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
ERp57 from rat liver
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13507 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa. This dilution detects Erp57 in 20µg of rat liver microsomal preparation by ECL analysis.|
Tissue specificityDetected in the flagellum and head region of spermatozoa (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein disulfide isomerase family.
Contains 2 thioredoxin domains.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- 58 kDa glucose regulated protein antibody
- 58 kDa glucose-regulated protein antibody
- 58 kDa microsomal protein antibody
Anti-ERp57 antibody (ab13507) at 1/2000 dilution + Human LNCaP whole cell lysate at 25 µg
HRP-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 45 seconds
ab13507 staining ERp57 in the Human PC-3 prostate cancer cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with formaldehyde and blocked with 1% serum for 1 hour at 22°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50 in 1% Donkey serum in PBST) for 1 hour at 22°C. An undiluted Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab13507 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab13507, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-ERp57 antibody (ab13507) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Molecular weight marker
Lane 2 : Cell lysates prepared from CHO-K1 cells
Lane 3 : Cell lysates prepared from human liver microsomes
Lane 4 : Cell lysates prepared from rat liver microsomes
Lane 5 : Cell lysates prepared from mouse liver microsomes
Predicted band size: 57 kDa
ab13507 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Lea RG et al. The fetal ovary exhibits temporal sensitivity to a 'real-life' mixture of environmental chemicals. Sci Rep 6:22279 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 26931299
- Petrosyan A et al. Keratin 1 plays a critical role in golgi localization of core 2 N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase M via interaction with its cytoplasmic tail. J Biol Chem 290:6256-69 (2015). PubMed: 25605727
- Zhao Q et al. Discovery of porcine maternal factors related to nuclear reprogramming and early embryo development by proteomic analysis. Proteome Sci 13:18 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26155198
- Petrosyan A et al. Restoration of compact Golgi morphology in advanced prostate cancer enhances susceptibility to galectin-1-induced apoptosis by modifying mucin O-glycan synthesis. Mol Cancer Res 12:1704-16 (2014). PubMed: 25086069
- Li J et al. Identification and characterization of an oocyte factor required for sperm decondensation in pig. Reproduction 148:367-75 (2014). PubMed: 25030891
- Al-Gubory KH et al. Proteomic analysis of the sheep caruncular and intercaruncular endometrium reveals changes in functional proteins crucial for the establishment of pregnancy. Reproduction 147:599-614 (2014). WB, IHC-P ; Sheep . PubMed: 24446454
- Yu Y et al. Microinjection Manipulation Resulted in the Increased Apoptosis of Spermatocytes in Testes from Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) Derived Mice. PLoS One 6:e22172 (2011). IHC-P, WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21799787
- Ding Y et al. Proteomic analysis of colonic mucosa in a rat model of irritable bowel syndrome. Proteomics 10:2620-2630 (2010). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 20461717
- Atkin JD et al. Induction of the unfolded protein response in familial amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and association of protein-disulfide isomerase with superoxide dismutase 1. J Biol Chem 281:30152-65 (2006). PubMed: 16847061