Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MaP.Erp57] to ERp57
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-ERp57 antibody [MaP.Erp57]
See all ERp57 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MaP.Erp57] to ERp57
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
Recombinant full length protein (Human).
- WB: HAP1, HepG2 and HEK-293 whole cell lysate; mouse pancreatic cancer cell lysate. ICC/IF: HeLa and HaCaT cells. IHC-P: Muse backskin tissue. IHC-Fr: Mouse duodenum, pancreas, and pancreatic neoplastic tissue. Flow Cyt: HeLa cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesThis antibody is affinity purified.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13506 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa.
This concentration is sufficient for the detection of ERp57 in 20µg of HeLa heat shocked cell lysate by colorimetric analysis.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1-2µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
Tissue specificityDetected in the flagellum and head region of spermatozoa (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein disulfide isomerase family.
Contains 2 thioredoxin domains.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- 58 kDa glucose regulated protein antibody
- 58 kDa glucose-regulated protein antibody
- 58 kDa microsomal protein antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: ERp57 knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HepG2 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HEK293 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab13506 observed at 57 kDa. Red - loading control, ab181602, observed at 37 kDa.
ab13506 was shown to specifically react with ERp57 in wild-type HAP1 cells as signal was lost in ERp57 knockout cells. Wild-type and ERp57 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab13506 and ab181602 (Rabbit anti-GAPDH loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 0.5 μg/ml and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216772 and Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216777 secondary antibodies at 1/20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
ICC/IF image of ab13506 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab13506 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- mouse (ab96879) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ERp57 antibody (ab13506) at 1/1000 dilution (in PBST) for 8 hours at 4°C + lysate of mouse of pancreatic cancer cell line at 25 µg.
An HRP conjugated Sheep anti-mouse IgG polyclonal at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under non-reducing conditions.
Exposure time: 1 minute
Blocking Step: 10% Milk for 1 hour at room temperature.
Paraffin-embedded mouse backskin tissue ficed with Bouin's fixative, stained for ERp57 using ab13506 at 1/100 dilution in ICC/IF. Primary antibody was incubated for 1 hour at room temperature. Secondary antibody is a FITC-conjugated goat anti-mouse (green) incubated at 1/50 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature.
HaCaT (Human keratinocyte cell line) cells labeling ERp57 using ab13506 at 1/100 dilution in ICC.IF. Cells were fixed using 100% methanol for 10 minutes at -20°C and incubated with primary antibody for 1 hour at room temperature. Secondary antibody is a FITC-conjugated goat anti-mouse (green) incubated at 1/50 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab13506 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab13506, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
ab13506 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Wu J et al. Disulfide isomerase ERp57 improves the stability and immunogenicity of H3N2 influenza virus hemagglutinin. Virol J 17:55 (2020). PubMed: 32316996
- Liu Y et al. Upregulation of ERp57 promotes clear cell renal cell carcinoma progression by initiating a STAT3/ILF3 feedback loop. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:439 (2019). PubMed: 31747963
- Hu W et al. Vitamin D3 activates the autolysosomal degradation function against Helicobacter pylori through the PDIA3 receptor in gastric epithelial cells. Autophagy 15:707-725 (2019). PubMed: 30612517
- Pavlenko E et al. Functional Characterization of Colon Cancer-Associated Mutations in ADAM17: Modifications in the Pro-Domain Interfere with Trafficking and Maturation. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31060243
- Bartels AK et al. KDEL Receptor 1 Contributes to Cell Surface Association of Protein Disulfide Isomerases. Cell Physiol Biochem 52:850-868 (2019). PubMed: 30958660