Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [11G4] to ESAT6
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-ESAT6 antibody [11G4]
See all ESAT6 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [11G4] to ESAT6
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Tissue/ cell preparation: PPD from Mycobacterium tuberculosis (Tuberculin PPD).
EpitopeThis antibody binds to an epitope consisting of the residues EQQWNFAGIEAAA at positions 3-15 of ESAT6.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 2.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesProtein A/G purified.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26246 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 10 kDa.
Detects a band of approximately 10 kDa in short term culture of M. tuberculosis.
RelevanceThe ESAT6 antigen from Mycobacterium tuberculosis is a dominant target for cell mediated immunity in the early phase of tuberculosis (TB) in TB patients as well as in various animal models. ESAT6 is not found in M. bovis BCG. Its function is not known but it elicits high level of IFN-gamma from memory effector cells during the first phase of a protective immune response.
- 6 kDa early secretory antigenic target antibody
- 6 kDa early secretory antigenic target ESXA antibody
- ESAT 6 antibody
All lanes : Anti-ESAT6 antibody [11G4] (ab26246) at 1/5000 dilution
All lanes : M. tuberculosis culture filtrate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-mouse monoclonal at 1/100000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Observed band size: 11 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
Blocked with 5% milk for 1 hour at 22°C
ab26246 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Aguilo N et al. Reactogenicity to major tuberculosis antigens absent in BCG is linked to improved protection against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Nat Commun 8:16085 (2017). PubMed: 28706226
- Sevastsyanovich YR et al. Antigen Localization Influences the Magnitude and Kinetics of Endogenous Adaptive Immune Response to Recombinant Salmonella Vaccines. Infect Immun 85:N/A (2017). WB . PubMed: 28893919
- Zhou ZQ et al. Role of ESAT-6 in renal injury by regulating microRNA-155 expression via TLR4/MyD88 signaling pathway in mice withMycobacterium tuberculosisinfection. Biosci Rep 37:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28655852
- Sepulveda D et al. Bioelectrochemical Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis ESAT-6 in an Antibody-Based Biomicrosystem. Sensors (Basel) 17:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28937645
- Lou Y et al. EspC forms a filamentous structure in the cell envelope of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and impacts ESX-1 secretion. Mol Microbiol 103:26-38 (2017). PubMed: 27859904