Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ESAT6
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-ESAT6 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ESAT6
SpecificityThis antibody reacts with recombinant ESAT6 produced in E.coli.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Full length protein (Rv3875) from Mycobacterium tubercolosis.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45073 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.2 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 12 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 10 kDa). Use under reducing conditions.|
RelevanceThe ESAT6 antigen from Mycobacterium tuberculosis is a dominant target for cell mediated immunity in the early phase of tuberculosis (TB) in TB patients as well as in various animal models. ESAT6 is not found in M. bovis BCG. Its function is not known but it elicits high level of IFN-gamma from memory effector cells during the first phase of a protective immune response.
- 6 kDa early secretory antigenic target antibody
- 6 kDa early secretory antigenic target ESXA antibody
- ESAT 6 antibody
ab45073 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Sepulveda D et al. Bioelectrochemical Detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis ESAT-6 in an Antibody-Based Biomicrosystem. Sensors (Basel) 17:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28937645
- Tan K et al. Comparison of BCG prime-DNA booster and rBCG regimens for protection against tuberculosis. Hum Vaccin Immunother 10:391-8 (2014). PubMed: 24192709
- Nguyen YH et al. Rapid identification and drug susceptibility screening of ESAT-6 secreting Mycobacteria by a NanoELIwell assay. Sci Rep 2:635 (2012). Functional Studies . PubMed: 22957139