Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [6F11] to Estrogen Receptor alpha
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [6F11]
See all Estrogen Receptor alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [6F11] to Estrogen Receptor alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Estrogen Receptor alpha.
- Breast carcinoma
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93021 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/20 - 1/80.|
FunctionNuclear hormone receptor. The steroid hormones and their receptors are involved in the regulation of eukaryotic gene expression and affect cellular proliferation and differentiation in target tissues. Can activate the transcriptional activity of TFF1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR3 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by cyclin A/CDK2. Phosphorylation probably enhances transcriptional activity.
Glycosylated; contains N-acetylglucosamine, probably O-linked.
Ubiquitinated. Deubiquitinated by OTUB1.
Dimethylated by PRMT1 at Arg-260. The methylation may favor cytoplasmic localization.
Palmitoylated (isoform 3). Not biotinylated (isoform 3).
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. A minor fraction is associated with the inner membrane and Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Associated with the inner membrane via palmitoylation.
- Information by UniProt
- 7*/654 isoform antibody
- 7*/819 2 isoform antibody
- 7*/822 isoform antibody
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma tissue stained for Estrogen Receptor alpha using ab93021 at 1/20 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
ab93021 staining Estrogen Receptor alpha in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue.
Note: the nuclei of the positive cells stain very strongly, without any staining in the cytoplasm.
ab93021 staining Estrogen Receptor alpha in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
ab93021 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Son HJ et al. 17ß-Estradiol reduces inflammation and modulates antioxidant enzymes in colonic epithelial cells. Korean J Intern Med 35:310-319 (2020). PubMed: 30336658
- Nardone A et al. The oral selective oestrogen receptor degrader (SERD) AZD9496 is comparable to fulvestrant in antagonising ER and circumventing endocrine resistance. Br J Cancer 120:331-339 (2019). PubMed: 30555156
- Song CH et al. 17-ß estradiol exerts anti-inflammatory effects through activation of Nrf2 in mouse embryonic fibroblasts. PLoS One 14:e0221650 (2019). PubMed: 31442293
- Song CH et al. Effects of 17ß-estradiol on colorectal cancer development after azoxymethane/dextran sulfate sodium treatment of ovariectomized mice. Biochem Pharmacol 164:139-151 (2019). PubMed: 30981879
- Herber CB et al. Estrogen signaling in arcuate Kiss1 neurons suppresses a sex-dependent female circuit promoting dense strong bones. Nat Commun 10:163 (2019). PubMed: 30635563