Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4097] to Estrogen Receptor alpha
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [EPR4097]
See all Estrogen Receptor alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4097] to Estrogen Receptor alpha
SpecificityExpression levels of ER alpha protein vary with sample type.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment within Human Estrogen Receptor alpha aa 1-300. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: MCF7 and T47-D cell lysates. IHC-P: Human breast ductal infiltrating carcinoma and normal breast tissues. ICC/IF: MCF-7 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [EPR4097] - BSA and Azide free (ab167610)
- Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [EPR4097] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab205850)
- Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [EPR4097] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab205851)
- Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [EPR4097] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab207046)
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108398 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa.
For unpurified use at 1/200 - 1/1000.
|IHC-P||1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
For unpurified use at 1/30.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
For unpurified use at 1/30.
FunctionNuclear hormone receptor. The steroid hormones and their receptors are involved in the regulation of eukaryotic gene expression and affect cellular proliferation and differentiation in target tissues. Can activate the transcriptional activity of TFF1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR3 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by cyclin A/CDK2. Phosphorylation probably enhances transcriptional activity.
Glycosylated; contains N-acetylglucosamine, probably O-linked.
Ubiquitinated. Deubiquitinated by OTUB1.
Dimethylated by PRMT1 at Arg-260. The methylation may favor cytoplasmic localization.
Palmitoylated (isoform 3). Not biotinylated (isoform 3).
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. A minor fraction is associated with the inner membrane and Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Associated with the inner membrane via palmitoylation.
- Information by UniProt
- 7*/654 isoform antibody
- 7*/819 2 isoform antibody
- 7*/822 isoform antibody
Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [EPR4097] (ab108398) at 1/1000 dilution + GST-Tagged Recombinant Human Estrogen Receptor beta (aa 1 to 323) protein 100ng
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
Exposure time: 180 seconds
Blocking/Diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST
Lane 1: Recombinant Human Estrogen Receptor beta (aa 1 to 323) protein, (Cat#: ab158385)
There is no cross-reactivity between ab108398 and ER beta protein.
All lanes : purified at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : MCF-7 cell lysate
Lane 2 : T47-D cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Peroxidase-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
Observed band size: 67 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Blocking buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM /TBST.
Immunocytochemsitry/Immunofluorescence analysis of MCF-7 cells labelling Estrogen Receptor alpha (green) with purified ab108398 at 1/200. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/200) was used as the secondary antibody. Counterstained with DAPI (blue).
ab108398 staining Estrogen Receptor alpha in the human cell line MCF-7(human breast carcinoma) by flow cytometry. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 90% methanol and the sample was incubated with the primary antibody at a dilution of 1/20. A goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) at a dilution of 1/2000 was used as the secondary antibody.
Isoytype control: Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black)
Unlabelled control: Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue)
ChIP analysis using unpurified ab108398 binding Estrogen Receptor alpha in MCF7 cells derived from Human breast carcinoma. Cells were cross-linked for 10 minutes with 1% formaldehyde. Samples were incubated with undiluted primary antibody for 16 hours at 4°C. Protein binding was detected using real-time PCR.
Positive control: Estrogen treated MCF7 cells tested at PS2 promoter.
Negative Control:IgG ChIP and ethanol-depleted cells tested at PS2 promoter.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human breast ductal infiltrating carcinoma tissue labelling Estrogen Receptor alpha with unpurified ab108398.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed parffin-embedded sections) analysis of human normal tonsil tissue. Unpurified ab108398 shows negative staining.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed parffin-embedded sections) analysis of human colonic adenocarcinoma tissue. Unpurified ab108398 shows negative staining.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed parffin-embedded sections) analysis of human lung adenocarcinoma tissue. Unpurified ab108398 shows negative staining.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed parffin-embedded sections) analysis of human cervical carcinoma tissue. Unpurified ab108398 shows negative staining.
ab108398 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Gao Y et al. Acetylation of histone H3K27 signals the transcriptional elongation for estrogen receptor alpha. Commun Biol 3:165 (2020). PubMed: 32265480
- Zhang KJ et al. miR-574-5p attenuates proliferation, migration and EMT in triple-negative breast cancer cells by targeting BCL11A and SOX2 to inhibit the SKIL/TAZ/CTGF axis. Int J Oncol 56:1240-1251 (2020). PubMed: 32319565
- Nie L et al. CDK2-mediated site-specific phosphorylation of EZH2 drives and maintains triple-negative breast cancer. Nat Commun 10:5114 (2019). PubMed: 31704972
- Wang K et al. Long Non-Coding RNA LINC00511 Mediates the Effects of ESR1 on Proliferation and Invasion of Ovarian Cancer Through miR-424-5p and miR-370-5p. Cancer Manag Res 11:10807-10819 (2019). PubMed: 31920390
- Wang M et al. H19 regulation of oestrogen induction of symmetric division is achieved by antagonizing Let-7c in breast cancer stem-like cells. Cell Prolif 52:e12534 (2019). PubMed: 30338598