Product nameEstrogen Receptor alpha peptide
See all Estrogen Receptor alpha proteins and peptides
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203371 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Estrogen Receptor alpha antibody [E115] - ChIP Grade (ab32063)
This is the blocking peptide for ab32063
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
- 7*/654 isoform
- 7*/819 2 isoform
- 7*/822 isoform
FunctionNuclear hormone receptor. The steroid hormones and their receptors are involved in the regulation of eukaryotic gene expression and affect cellular proliferation and differentiation in target tissues. Can activate the transcriptional activity of TFF1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR3 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
DomainComposed of three domains: a modulating N-terminal domain, a DNA-binding domain and a C-terminal ligand-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by cyclin A/CDK2. Phosphorylation probably enhances transcriptional activity.
Glycosylated; contains N-acetylglucosamine, probably O-linked.
Ubiquitinated. Deubiquitinated by OTUB1.
Dimethylated by PRMT1 at Arg-260. The methylation may favor cytoplasmic localization.
Palmitoylated (isoform 3). Not biotinylated (isoform 3).
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. A minor fraction is associated with the inner membrane and Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Associated with the inner membrane via palmitoylation.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab203371 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.