Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR46Y] to Estrogen Related Receptor alpha
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Estrogen Related Receptor alpha antibody [EPR46Y]
See all Estrogen Related Receptor alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR46Y] to Estrogen Related Receptor alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Estrogen Related Receptor alpha aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035)
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76228 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionBinds to an ERR-alpha response element (ERRE) containing a single consensus half-site, 5'-TNAAGGTCA-3'. Can bind to the medium-chain acyl coenzyme A dehydrogenase (MCAD) response element NRRE-1 and may act as an important regulator of MCAD promoter. Binds to the C1 region of the lactoferrin gene promoter. Requires dimerization and the coactivator, PGC-1A, for full activity. The ERRalpha/PGC1alpha complex is a regulator of energy metabolism.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nuclear hormone receptor family. NR3 subfamily.
Contains 1 nuclear receptor DNA-binding domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Ser-19 enhances sumoylation on Lys-14 increasing repression of transcriptional activity.
Sumoylated by SUMO2. Main site is Lys-14 which is enhanced by phosphorylation on Ser-19, cofactor activation, and by interaction with PIAS4. Sumoylation enhances repression of transcriptional activiy, but has no effect on subcellular location nor on DNA binding.
- Information by UniProt
- Err 1 antibody
- ERR a antibody
- ERR alpha antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: Estrogen Related Receptor alpha knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: MCF7 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab76228 observed at 55 kDa. Red - loading control, ab18058, observed at 130 kDa.
ab76228 was shown to specifically react with Estrogen Related Receptor alpha in wild-type HAP1 cells as signal was lost in Estrogen Related Receptor alpha knockout cells. Wild-type and Estrogen Related Receptor alpha knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab76228 and ab18058 (Mouse anti-Vinculin loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/1000 dilution and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Anti-Estrogen Related Receptor alpha antibody [EPR46Y] (ab76228) at 1/5000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa
Estrogen Related Receptor alpha was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hela whole cell extract, 10µg of Rabbit monoclonal to Estrogen Related Receptor alpha and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hela whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab76228.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: Band: 55kDa: Estrogen Related Receptor alpha.
ab76228 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Li X et al. ERRa activates SHMT2 transcription to enhance the resistance of breast cancer to lapatinib via modulating the mitochondrial metabolic adaption. Biosci Rep 40:N/A (2020). PubMed: 31894856
- Li P et al. ERRa is an aggressive factor in lung adenocarcinoma indicating poor prognostic outcomes. Cancer Manag Res 11:8111-8123 (2019). PubMed: 31564971
- Zhao H et al. Estrogen-Related Receptor ? Induces Angiogenesis and Extracellular Matrix Degradation of Temporomandibular Joint Osteoarthritis in Rats. Front Pharmacol 10:1290 (2019). PubMed: 31780931
- Cho Y et al. Perm1 regulates CaMKII activation and shapes skeletal muscle responses to endurance exercise training. Mol Metab 23:88-97 (2019). PubMed: 30862473
- Ghanbari F et al. Isolation and functional characterization of a novel endogenous inverse agonist of estrogen related receptors (ERRs) from human pregnancy urine. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 191:105352 (2019). PubMed: 30954508