Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [3H2BG1] to ETFDH
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-ETFDH antibody [3H2BG1]
See all ETFDH primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [3H2BG1] to ETFDH
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Human cell, heart and liver lysates, Rat liver lysates, Mouse liver lysates, Bovine heart mitochondria lysate. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal heart muscle.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam.
Product was previously marketed under the MitoSciences sub-brand.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% HEPES buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
Purification notesProduced in vitro using hybridomas grown in serum-free medium, and then concentrated by ammonium sulfate precipitation. Near homogeneity as judged by SDS-PAGE.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab126576 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionAccepts electrons from ETF and reduces ubiquinone.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ETFDH are the cause of glutaric aciduria type 2C (GA2C) [MIM:231680]. GA2C is an autosomal recessively inherited disorder of fatty acid, amino acid, and choline metabolism. It is characterized by multiple acyl-CoA dehydrogenase deficiencies resulting in large excretion not only of glutaric acid, but also of lactic, ethylmalonic, butyric, isobutyric, 2-methyl-butyric, and isovaleric acids.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ETF-QO/fixC family.
Contains 1 4Fe-4S ferredoxin-type domain.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Electron transfer flavoprotein ubiquinone oxidoreductase antibody
- Electron transfer flavoprotein-ubiquinone oxidoreductase antibody
- electron transferring flavoprotein dehydrogenase antibody
All lanes : Anti-ETFDH antibody [3H2BG1] (ab126576) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human heart lysate at 20 µg
Lane 2 : Human liver lysate at 20 µg
Lane 3 : Human cell lysate at 20 µg
Lane 4 : Rat liver lysate at 20 µg
Lane 5 : Mouse liver lysate at 20 µg
Lane 6 : Bovine heart mitochondria
at 10 µg
All lanes : GAM-HRP at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 68 kDa
The high background signal in Mouse tissue sample was caused by the direct reaction between the Mouse IgG in Mouse tissue preps and the goat anti-Mouse secondary antibody.
IHC image of ETFDH staining in Human normal heart muscle formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab126576, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab126576 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Fisher-Wellman KH et al. Respiratory Phenomics across Multiple Models of Protein Hyperacylation in Cardiac Mitochondria Reveals a Marginal Impact on Bioenergetics. Cell Rep 26:1557-1572.e8 (2019). PubMed: 30726738
- Zhu M et al. Riboflavin-responsive multiple Acyl-CoA dehydrogenation deficiency in 13 cases, and a literature review in mainland Chinese patients. J Hum Genet N/A:N/A (2014). Human . PubMed: 24522293
- Cornelius N et al. Secondary coenzyme Q10 deficiency and oxidative stress in cultured fibroblasts from patients with riboflavin responsive multiple Acyl-CoA dehydrogenation deficiency. Hum Mol Genet 22:3819-27 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23727839
- Orr AL et al. A Refined Analysis of Superoxide Production by Mitochondrial sn-Glycerol 3-Phosphate Dehydrogenase. J Biol Chem 287:42921-35 (2012). WB . PubMed: 23124204